Windows Audio Session audio driver?

ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

At this time of the year my knowledge is always sorely tested by the new version of Band-in-a-Box. Thus I have to search around for knowledge, which is not always best obtained from the PG Music forum. This year I have many questions, but some are pretty general ones, which I think the experts on this forum can probably answer.

Anyway, here is my first question:

Band-in-a-Box now supports Windows Audio Session audio driver. This driver is an alternative to ASIO or MME. It apparantly has ultra-low latency on a typical Windows PC and is claimed to cut down the delays in playing or sending out MIDI information - As though I really understand what that all means. Image So, does anyone have experience in using this new driver and what benefits or problems did it give you?

ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Today at 04:57 PMAt this time of the year my knowledge is always sorely tested by the new version of Band-in-a-Box. Thus I have to search around for knowledge, which is not always best obtained from the PG Music forum. This year I have many questions, but some are pretty general ones, which I think the experts on this forum can probably answer.

Band-in-a-Box now supports Windows Audio Session audio driver. This driver is an alternative to ASIO or MME. It apparantly has ultra-low latency on a typical Windows PC and is claimed to cut down the delays in playing or sending out MIDI information - As though I really understand what that all means. Image So, does anyone have experience in using this new driver and what benefits or problems did it give you?

My experience is not to use the windows asio driver. Use the asio driver that belongs or follow your soundcard.

Leif
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Today at 04:57 PMAt this time of the year my knowledge is always sorely tested by the new version of Band-in-a-Box. Thus I have to search around for knowledge, which is not always best obtained from the PG Music forum. This year I have many questions, but some are pretty general ones, which I think the experts on this forum can probably answer.

My experience is not to use the windows asio driver. Use the asio driver that belongs or follow your soundcard.

Leif

Return to “Technology”