Transcriptions, possibly more.

ttf_Geordie

Post by ttf_Geordie »

I often need do do transcriptions from YouTube, wav and MP3 files etc. I'd like to find a simple package that enables me to repeat certain sections at a slower speed but does not affect pitch. I might want to do some basic recording and mixing in the future. Using Windows 10 on a reasonably powerful laptop. Grateful for lessons from your experience and suggestions.
ttf_fsung

Post by ttf_fsung »

Check out Audacity (open source) or Amazing Slow Downer (proprietary). Apple Quicktime can do it as well, but it's not officially supported on Windows 10, so use at your own risk.

ttf_Rich C

Post by ttf_Rich C »

ttf_Geordie

Post by ttf_Geordie »

Fusung and Rich - thanks for your advice. I was vaguely aware of Audacity but the other applications were new to me. Have looked at both of the Windows ones and will keep investigating, but will definitely get one. I like that Transcribe! Has the foot pedal option which could be a time saver. Thanks again. 
ttf_Exzaclee

Post by ttf_Exzaclee »

Transcribe - it's a life saver.
ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

I've used Audacity for this but always get some distortion.  If it works for you, it's free and pretty intuitive. 

If you just want to loop a section without slowing it's great, easy to do. 
ttf_timothy42b

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

I've used Audacity for this but always get some distortion.  If it works for you, it's free and pretty intuitive. 

If you just want to loop a section without slowing it's great, easy to do. 

Return to “Technology”