Jarryd Hayne and his time with the 49ers

ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

It did seem that Jarryd Hayne left the 49ers rather unexpectedly and I am wondering if todays headline was the reason?

"Jarryd Hayne 'unequivocally and vehemently' denies allegations of rape while with 49ers" Image

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-20/jarryd-hayne-named-in-civil-rape-suit-in-the-united-states/9276204

You may remember that Jarryd, a National Rugby League player of some note in Australia, won a contract with the San Francisco 49ers but was released after one season, which ended in mid-2016. He said that he was going to join the Fiji Rugby Sevens team for the Rio Olympics but that was a failed attempt. He then returned to the Australian National Rugby League, with the team I support, the Gold Coast Titans. Image  He did nothing for us and most people believe it was because of him that the coach was sacked. Anyway, thank goodness he left the Titans at the end of this year's season and has returned to his original team the Parramatta Eels. Admittedly he was an outstanding player with them before heading for the US.

Because of the American allegations, the Eels management continue to "monitor the situation". And a spokesman for the NRL said the Integrity Unit also would continue to monitor the civil case involving Hayne. Image

ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

It did seem that Jarryd Hayne left the 49ers rather unexpectedly and I am wondering if todays headline was the reason?

"Jarryd Hayne 'unequivocally and vehemently' denies allegations of rape while with 49ers" Image

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-20/jarryd-hayne-named-in-civil-rape-suit-in-the-united-states/9276204

You may remember that Jarryd, a National Rugby League player of some note in Australia, won a contract with the San Francisco 49ers but was released after one season, which ended in mid-2016. He said that he was going to join the Fiji Rugby Sevens team for the Rio Olympics but that was a failed attempt. He then returned to the Australian National Rugby League, with the team I support, the Gold Coast Titans. Image  He did nothing for us and most people believe it was because of him that the coach was sacked. Anyway, thank goodness he left the Titans at the end of this year's season and has returned to his original team the Parramatta Eels. Admittedly he was an outstanding player with them before heading for the US.

Because of the American allegations, the Eels management continue to "monitor the situation". And a spokesman for the NRL said the Integrity Unit also would continue to monitor the civil case involving Hayne. Image

Return to “Chit-Chat”