Trombone apps

ttf_anonymous

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_anonymous »

So I'm looking around to find out about trombone related apps to put on my phone. I recently found an app by Pickett brass that compares mouthpiece size. I want to know your favorite apps for practice or just trombone related things apple or android. Also why is there not an app for this forum if there is please direct me that way this is my hone page.
ttf_DaveAshley

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_DaveAshley »

I like iRealPro.  Recently, I've been practicing melodies, even just simple pop songs, in all keys with the backgrounds.

I've also been using Tonal Energy's tone generator feature - Wearing ear buds and playing with drones. I'll set a note to sustain and play notes against them. I also set it to detect notes and play in unison with me.  It's like playing with another trombone player who happens to be right on pitch!
ttf_DaveBb

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_DaveBb »

Cleartune (tuner)
Tempo (metronome)
Loopy - looping software more for a tablet than a phone
ttf_Krazzikk

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_Krazzikk »

Quote from: DaveAshley on Apr 24, 2016, 06:41AM
I've also been using Tonal Energy's tone generator feature - Wearing ear buds and playing with drones. I'll set a note to sustain and play notes against them. I also set it to detect notes and play in unison with me.  It's like playing with another trombone player who happens to be right on pitch!
Yeah, I just got TE recently. It seems like there's a lot to it. The analysis feature intrigues me but I don't know how to make practical use of it yet.
ttf_anonymous

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I am using Tonal Energy. Find it a great tool, highly recommended. It has also a nice recording function so you can analyze things after you have played it.

I am currently trying out ATracker for logging practicing sessions. See https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atracker-pro-daily-task-and-time-tracking/id519561306?mt=8. This is a general task tracker and I will try to use this to  see how practice time is spent on different topics.

If anyone uses similar tools/apps for making practice diaries/logs please let me know what you use and what your experiences are.

ttf_Krazzikk

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_Krazzikk »

Quote from: Bard on Yesterday at 02:16 PM
If anyone uses similar tools/apps for making practice diaries/logs please let me know what you use and what your experiences are.
I'd be interested in this too. I was just thinking about starting a practice log.
ttf_Lowerbrassking86

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_Lowerbrassking86 »

There is a cool app that my trombone professor turned me on to, Its called Ibone.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibone-the-pocket-trombone/id306629300?mt=8

Also on android but don't have the link.

Basically it is a digital trombone that you move the slide along to music provided on the app to play melodies. You can make your own melodies and use your own songs as well. Neat app, and certainly something I like to noodle around with.
ttf_BGuttman

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

We have had another discussion on iBone (maybe even more).  A little search might find it.  It's a cool app, but no substitute for actual face time practice.
ttf_DaveBb

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_DaveBb »

Handyrecorder
From Zoom Corporation, and free
ttf_savio

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_savio »

I use a tuner, a metronome and an app which I dont remember the name. But it is an app where I put pdf sheet music. And then I read and play like it was a real paper in front. I will also begin to use this garageband a little. Wonder if there is a way to convert BIAB to Garageband?

Leif
ttf_growlerbox

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_growlerbox »

Quote from: savio on Aug 03, 2017, 12:52PMI use a tuner, a metronome and an app which I dont remember the name. But it is an app where I put pdf sheet music. And then I read and play like it was a real paper in front. I will also begin to use this garageband a little. Wonder if there is a way to convert BIAB to Garageband?

Leif

I don't know BIAB very well, but presumably each part in a BIAB composition can be exported as an audio or MIDI file, and can then be dragged into a Garageband track and manipulated individually.  Alernatively, an entire BIAB song could be exported into a single Garageband track, if you didn't want to make any further adjustments but simply record yourself alongside.
ttf_baileyman

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_baileyman »

If you like sabutin's randomizing practice routine, then a random number generator app can substitute for the deck of cards he uses.  Just find one where you can set it to choose a number from 1 to 12 and then it is like having a card deck on your phone. 

http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-random-number-generator

I think the one I use is obsolete, but I refuse to update it and have it go away! 
ttf_baileyman

Trombone apps

Post by ttf_baileyman »

If you like sabutin's randomizing practice routine, then a random number generator app can substitute for the deck of cards he uses.  Just find one where you can set it to choose a number from 1 to 12 and then it is like having a card deck on your phone. 

http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-random-number-generator

I think the one I use is obsolete, but I refuse to update it and have it go away! 

Return to “Cool Web Sites”