8notes

ttf_thetuningslide

8notes

Post by ttf_thetuningslide »

I've seen some bad advice given on this site. Multiple places I've seen people say that King trombones are bad. Once, someone asked about the 2B for jazz, and someone said it was bad and recommended a Bach 42A in its place...anyone have stories from this site?
ttf_bonearzt

8notes

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

TOTAL BS!!!!  A 42A in place of a 2B?  I'm shaking my head in disbelief!

There's not really a "bad" horn for any situation IF you can make it work in that particular setting!

2B's bad??!?!?!  Seriously?  Then why are most lead players in big bands using 2B's?  Salsa? Yep! Commercial recording? there too.

Is this a serious inquiry or just trying to stir up a debate?

Eric

ttf_BGuttman

8notes

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: bonearzt on May 21, 2016, 06:48AM...

Eric

Or maybe another teenager trying to amp his horn over anything else?
ttf_Exzaclee

8notes

Post by ttf_Exzaclee »

Quote from: thetuningslide on May 20, 2016, 11:35PMI've seen some bad advice given on this site. Multiple places I've seen people say that King trombones are bad. Once, someone asked about the 2B for jazz, and someone said it was bad and recommended a Bach 42A in its place...anyone have stories from this site?

this is the internet, by the way... any idiot can post here.

I've seen bad advice given everywhere.

learn how to detect ********. the world is a false place and everybody wants your money - if you don't learn how to detect ********, how to tell the wise men from the jive men, you're gonna have a tough life.  there ya go.  free life lesson.
ttf_thetuningslide

8notes

Quote from: bonearzt on May 21, 2016, 06:48AMTOTAL BS!!!!  A 42A in place of a 2B?  I'm shaking my head in disbelief!

There's not really a "bad" horn for any situation IF you can make it work in that particular setting!

2B's bad??!?!?!  Seriously?  Then why are most lead players in big bands using 2B's?  Salsa? Yep! Commercial recording? there too.

Eric

Yeah, I was as surprised as you are. I'm simply attempting to gather people's opinions on this site, or any stories that anyone has had of surprising advice (either really bad or surprisingly good).
ttf_thetuningslide

8notes

Quote from: Exzaclee on May 21, 2016, 08:37AMthis is the internet, by the way... any idiot can post here.

I've seen bad advice given everywhere.

learn how to detect ********. the world is a false place and everybody wants your money - if you don't learn how to detect ********, how to tell the wise men from the jive men, you're gonna have a tough life.  there ya go.  free life lesson.
Yup, I'm aware. I'm pretty good at avoiding scams. I know there's bad advice everywhere, it just seems that 75+% is bad on this site.
ttf_greenbean

8notes

Post by ttf_greenbean »

All the 8notes forums are known to be worthless. 
ttf_greenbean

8notes

Post by ttf_greenbean »

All the 8notes forums are known to be worthless. 

Return to “Cool Web Sites”