Found on a trombone forum somewhere today!!!

ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Couldn't help it dear trombone players  Image

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnFhNyFesmcYhLMWrKJSX1SIYawJ7g

I assume if we pray to god, we get straight to the high heaven register on our trombone.
Anyway, since I'm a viking and pray to Thor and Odin, it explains my poor high register....  Image Image Image Image

Leif

ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Doesn't Odin reside in a high place (Asgard?)?  So then he can play high notes! Image
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Quote from: BGuttman on Aug 17, 2017, 12:06PMDoesn't Odin reside in a high place (Asgard?)?  So then he can play high notes! Image

Its Valhall Bruce, but still, maybe I didn't pray hard enough!  Image
They are probably doing something else than trombone playing  Image Image Image

Leif
ttf_Exzaclee

Post by ttf_Exzaclee »

Quote from: savio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:02PMCouldn't help it dear trombone players  Image

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnFhNyFesmcYhLMWrKJSX1SIYawJ7g

I assume if we pray to god, we get straight to the high heaven register on our trombone.
Anyway, since I'm a viking and pray to Thor and Odin, it explains my poor high register....  Image Image Image Image

Leif

Savio, I'm pretty certain Thor and Odin are the patron deities of the Trombone - at least for classical playing. I pray to Jack Teagarden and J J Johnson myself.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: savio on Aug 17, 2017, 12:25PM Image
Its Valhall Bruce, but still, maybe I didn't pray hard enough!  Image
They are probably doing something else than trombone playing  Image Image Image

Leif

I thought it was Wotan and Fricka who lived in Valhall (at least according to Wagner).

Maybe they have Lur concerts?

ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Quote from: BGuttman on Aug 17, 2017, 12:53PMI thought it was Wotan and Fricka who lived in Valhall (at least according to Wagner).

That mouthpiece looks a little small even compared to my 1 1/2g Bruce.  Image

Wagner's Wotan and Fricka is the German name on Odin and his wife Frigg.
But it all explain my drawn to low register and bass trombone, Valhall is definitely something else than heaven..... Image

Quote from: Exzaclee on Aug 17, 2017, 12:39PMSavio, I'm pretty certain Thor and Odin are the patron deities of the Trombone - at least for classical playing. I pray to Jack Teagarden and J J Johnson myself.

Zac, when I listen Jack Teagarden and J J Johnson I consider to convert.  Image

Well, enough joking, back to the real world. Holyday is over...30 kids are waiting for me. Planning days is over, everything is ready for teaching. Its harder and harder to start after holyday when the years go on. But just a few days and it will be fun again  Image

Cheers all teachers!

Leif

ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Quote from: BGuttman on Aug 17, 2017, 12:53PMI thought it was Wotan and Fricka who lived in Valhall (at least according to Wagner).

That mouthpiece looks a little small even compared to my 1 1/2g Bruce.  Image

Wagner's Wotan and Fricka is the German name on Odin and his wife Frigg.
But it all explain my drawn to low register and bass trombone, Valhall is definitely something else than heaven..... Image

Quote from: Exzaclee on Aug 17, 2017, 12:39PMSavio, I'm pretty certain Thor and Odin are the patron deities of the Trombone - at least for classical playing. I pray to Jack Teagarden and J J Johnson myself.

Zac, when I listen Jack Teagarden and J J Johnson I consider to convert.  Image

Well, enough joking, back to the real world. Holyday is over...30 kids are waiting for me. Planning days is over, everything is ready for teaching. Its harder and harder to start after holyday when the years go on. But just a few days and it will be fun again  Image

Cheers all teachers!

Leif

Return to “Cool Web Sites”