2B or not 2B... That is the question!

ttf_Rich C

Post by ttf_Rich C »

And, is it new or used?
ttf_mark fellows

Post by ttf_mark fellows »

I let Quinn know and I am sure he will have it taken care of- Obviously someone that is ignorant
ttf_sacfxdx

Post by ttf_sacfxdx »

Gee.  I wonder where the curved brace went.  I'm thinking NOT 2BL.
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

I just used the "Ask the seller a question" function - used or new, 2BL or 606.  I'll report back what "shadowdragon"  says, if he responds at all.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Probably a bot that sees key words for sold items and buys them based on perceived value. Quinn sels a lot of stuff and mentions his handle so I bet the bot was confused and put the name in the description.
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Believe it or not, he responded to me.  He said"

"I m pretty sure it is a 2BL but I can t guarteee that". 

Me, I'm positive it is a 606.  I suggested so and asked him to look them both up and see the difference for himself.  Considering he can't spell, and hasn't figured out yet what he has for sale, I'm not holding my breath...
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: gregs70 on Sep 05, 2017, 06:21PMBelieve it or not, he responded to me.  He said"

"I m pretty sure it is a 2BL but I can t guarteee that". 

Me, I'm positive it is a 606.  I suggested so and asked him to look them both up and see the difference for himself.  Considering he can't spell, and hasn't figured out yet what he has for sale, I'm not holding my breath...

Smells like a bot to me. This is why I'm not tooooo worried about the thread in chit chat quite yet.
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

"I had the horn in middle school so yes it us a student horn are you interested in it or not"

I said I was if it was reall a 2BL, but not a 606.  I said if he knew it was a 606, he was either too lazy to look it upa and correct the posting or was running a scam.  He responded:

"I m not lazy I ve looked the it and it s a 606. I don t know anything about this only that I used it in Middle school. Ebay generated the title so I thought that s what it was there s no need for you to be hateful in this matter. And I m well aware of eBay s policy s".

I sent back that if he is aware of eBay policies, then he should know that he had the opportunity to correct any info eBay generated when he first input it and anytime during the process. 

No response yet.  It didn't sell, no surprise there..
ttf_BackBone

Post by ttf_BackBone »

ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

OK, I'll give the kid some credit.  After the auction was over I made some suggestions and send a link to a 606 on eBay as an example as the right way to do it.  He got back to me and said thanks, this was my first time on eBay and I'm still learning.  I wished him luck.
ttf_BackBone

Post by ttf_BackBone »

Glad this is headed in the right direction! Image
ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

Sounds like a novice seller that really didn't know what he was doing.  Aren't 606s clearly marked 606 on the horn?  I know the trumpet I had was.  Hard to mistake it for a 2B if that's the case.

ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Some people don't know where to look.  I saw a local Craiglist ad for a King trombone with a multi-digit model number.  Turns out they were looking at the serial number.  I told them check the bell, and it was a 2B+.
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Some people don't know where to look.  I saw a local Craiglist ad for a King trombone with a multi-digit model number.  Turns out they were looking at the serial number.  I told them check the bell, and it was a 2B+.

Return to “Found on the Net”