Delaware State University Brass Day

Looking for opportunities?
fsgazda

Delaware State University Brass Day

Post by fsgazda »

The Delaware State University Music Program is proud to present our 11th annual Brass Day on Saturday, April 13, 2019. Events begin at 10:00 AM, and are free and open to the public.

Guests include The United States Navy Band Brass Quintet and tubist/educator/composer Andrew Spang of the Lyric Brass Quintet.

This year there will be participant ensembles that will be directed by Andrew Spang and DSU faculty members Dr. Patrick Hoffman and Dr. Frank Gazda. These ensembles are open to students and players of all levels and will perform prior to the concert by the United States Navy Band Brass Quintet. Please contact Dr. Gazda at [email protected] to pre-register and get your music if you plan to play in one of these ensembles.

There will also be a chamber music coaching session led by Andrew Spang. If you are a member of a group or have a student ensemble that would like to play on this class, contact Dr. Gazda at [email protected].

Join us for a day of concerts, clinics, and masterclasses. Please contact Dr. Frank Gazda at [email protected] for more information, and please share the attached flyer with all interested parties. Thank you!

Schedule:
10:00 AM: Delaware State University Brass Concert
10:30 AM: Chamber music masterclass with Andrew Spang
11:30 AM: Break
12:00 PM: Participant ensembles led by Andrew Spang, Dr. Patrick Hoffman and Dr. Frank Gazda
1:00 PM: US Navy Band Brass Quintet Individual Instrument Masterclasses
2:00 PM: Participant Ensembles
2:45 PM: "Opening Act" participant ensembles informal performance
3:00 PM: US Navy Band Brass Quintet Concert

Frank S. Gazda
Professor of Music, Delaware State University
Freelance Low Brass, Mid-Atlantic
www.firststatebrass.com
cigmar

Re: Delaware State University Brass Day

Post by cigmar »

Any exhibits?
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

There's no time scheduled for visiting exhibits, so there's no point. The other one in Delaware is almost like that. A complete waste of time for the exhibitors.

I've been on both sides, as an attendee for many years before I started making mouthpieces, and a lot more years now as an exhibitor. When there's enough time available to go to the exhibits, everybody wins.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
fsgazda

Post by fsgazda »

Yeah, due to space limitations there's no good spot for vendors. It's something that we've been talking about for the future.
Frank S. Gazda
Professor of Music, Delaware State University
Freelance Low Brass, Mid-Atlantic
www.firststatebrass.com

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”