Business That Sells Masks With Flaps or WW Socks

All about making money.
Crazy4Tbone86

Business That Sells Masks With Flaps or WW Socks

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

One of my many jobs is to conduct the Wind Ensemble at a small private college in my area. I have presented a strategy that allows us to return to rehearsals and perform a recorded concert for this Fall Semester 2020. The proposal has been approved and I am moving forward with rehearsal plans Without going into all of the details, I'll just share the following plans:

*Our group is being divided into two small groups: a woodwind ensemble and a brass ensemble. We might have a couple of percussionists helping with the brass ensemble. The projected number of musicians in each group is 15-19. Our usual wind ensemble is about 43-44 members, but I am sure there will be several people who will choose to not participate and I will completely support their decision.

*We will have an enormous area to work in. Thus, my calculations place the musicians a minimum of 11-12 feet apart and very spread out laterally and vertically. I am grateful for the large area, but certain that we will be dealing with the rhythmic phasing problems!

*All musicians are required to wear a mask with a flap for the entire rehearsal/recording session. Musicians are encouraged to use further aerosol particle containment devices if they are able (nylon screens on brass instruments and socks/bags around the woodwind instruments).

Now to my question(s).....

Does anybody know if there are any businesses that sew/manufacture specialized masks with flaps that can be used by wind musicians? Also, does anybody know of a business that make socks or bags that are placed around woodwind instruments for aerosol particle containment?

I know of people in our area who can make these items. However, I am wondering if it would be easier and more efficient to get these items from a business that already has them in stock. Any help is appreciated. Thank you folks!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
BGuttman

Re: Business That Sells Masks With Flaps or WW Socks

Post by BGuttman »

This was in the "Playing with a Face Mask thread:

http://www.unitedsound.org/mask?fbclid= ... BkQfzvnPPk
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Crazy4Tbone86

Re: Business That Sells Masks With Flaps or WW Socks

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Thanks Bruce! I had not seen that link with the specific sewing patterns. It could end up being a great resource!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast

Return to “Music Business”