Vincent Bach - Division of the Magnavox Company

All about making money.
Posaunus

Vincent Bach - Division of the Magnavox Company

Post by Posaunus »

When was Bach a division of Magnavox?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sacfxdx

Re: Vincent Bach - Division of the Magnavox Company

Post by sacfxdx »

according to Wikipedia

The era of H&A Selmer as an independent company ended in 1970, with its purchase by the British electronics firm Magnavox.[2] It was sold to Philips Electronics in 1975, then to the investment firm Integrated Resources in 1989. With the 1993 bankruptcy of Integrated Resources, Selmer was sold to the investment firm Kirkland Messina and reorganized as Selmer Industries, Inc., with The Selmer Company name used for its instrument manufacturing operations.
Steve
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

sacfxdx wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:42 pm according to Wikipedia

The era of H&A Selmer as an independent company ended in 1970, with its purchase by the British electronics firm Magnavox.[2] It was sold to Philips Electronics in 1975, then to the investment firm Integrated Resources in 1989. With the 1993 bankruptcy of Integrated Resources, Selmer was sold to the investment firm Kirkland Messina and reorganized as Selmer Industries, Inc., with The Selmer Company name used for its instrument manufacturing operations.
Thanks Steve. :good:
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

And now they are owned by Conn-Selmer which is owned by Steinway (I think).
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

bigbandbone wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:36 am And now they are owned by Conn-Selmer which is owned by Steinway (I think).
Kinda... Yes it is the Steinway corp, but Conn-Selmer bought Steinway and uses the name (more brand recognition from Steinway than Conn).

Cheers,
Andy
bigbandbone

Post by bigbandbone »

elmsandr wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:47 am
bigbandbone wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:36 am And now they are owned by Conn-Selmer which is owned by Steinway (I think).
Kinda... Yes it is the Steinway corp, but Conn-Selmer bought Steinway and uses the name (more brand recognition from Steinway than Conn).

Cheers,
Andy
I thought it was something like that. When I worked for King in Eastlake it was UMI.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

King was once owned by Seeburg, the juke box company. Kinda weird, like when AMF (makers of pool tables, bowling equipment, snow skis, golf clubs, etc.) owned Harley Davidson...
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King

Return to “Music Business”