Mahler #2 Finale / CSO Brass Concert

All about making money.
patrickosmith

Mahler #2 Finale / CSO Brass Concert

Post by patrickosmith »

Here's a good review of the CSO Brass Concert on 15-DEC-2021.

https://chicagoontheaisle.com/2021/12/1 ... ng-mahler/

The finale selection was my commissioned arrangement for orchestral brass, percussion, and organ with optional chorus and harp. In the words of the music critic ...

"The concert’s finale was the definition of grand: a broad swath of the closing movement from Mahler’s “Resurrection” Symphony in a spectacular arrangement that precisely framed the gravitas and aspiration of the original work. Off-stage trumpets summoned the chaos of purgatory before the reunited ensemble began the long, swelling musical ascent of transmigration."

"So closely did Mulcahy and his musicians, augmented by timpani and percussion, mirror the full orchestral context of Mahler’s work – again banishing from mind the absence of strings and woodwinds – that one might have forgotten entirely about the other missing element: the chorus. The audience sprang from its seats, roaring in mad approval. I couldn’t help thinking Mulcahy could have taken it from the top, on the spot, and those listeners would have returned to pin-drop quiet, in rapt gratitude."
Kbiggs

Re: Mahler #2 Finale / CSO Brass Concert

Post by Kbiggs »

Congratulations to you and Stephen Bulla! Well done!
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

Is the arrangement available for purchase?
patrickosmith

Post by patrickosmith »

It is a lease purchase. The cost depends on type of organization, duration (typically 3 to 6 months) and number of performances (typically 1 to 3). If you'd like more details feel free to send me an email.

Return to “Music Business”