Best External Microphone attachment for iPhone

ThienHuynh43

Best External Microphone attachment for iPhone

Post by ThienHuynh43 »

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is safe and healthy! So currently, I am looking for an external microphone for my iPhone to start recording my practice sessions and such. I'm particularly looking for one tat attaches straight to my lightning connector but if the quality is worth it, ill opt for a cable one. My price point is $100. I've looked into Zoom IQ7 and the i-XY Lightning and they seem like really good microphones. Anyone have one that could voice their opinion on them? Thank you! Stay safe everyone! ~Thien Huynh
EdwardSolomon

Re: Best External Microphone attachment for iPhone

Post by EdwardSolomon »

Invest in a decent USB microphone and connect it via the Lightning camera connector (USB A to Lightning). Something like a Blue Yeti, Blue Yeti X, AT2020, or even a Samson G-Track Pro.
afugate

Re: Best External Microphone attachment for iPhone

Post by afugate »

ThienHuynh43 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:54 am ...
I'm particularly looking for one tat attaches straight to my lightning connector but if the quality is worth it, I'll opt for a cable one.
Quality is definitely a consideration. Also, at some point you may be interested in recording video as well as audio. You'll want the mic in one place and the camera in another.

(Perhaps thats possible with some kind of lightning cable extender.)

--Andy in OKC

Return to “Technology”