Brand new sackbut recording!

ttf_matthijs

Post by ttf_matthijs »

I'm happy to share some great early chamber music with you, which is originally written for this instrumentation (violin, sackbut, continuo). Hope you like it!
Any comments are of course welcome, since this is a forum so a nice place to discuss performances & recordings...

https://youtu.be/GR3PaNkFN_4
ttf_boneagain

Post by ttf_boneagain »

I liked it enough that I discovered I was not listening critically... just enjoying the ensemble!  I love it when that happens Image

Thanks for sharing!

ttf_kbiggs

Post by ttf_kbiggs »

Very nice! Thanks!
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: boneagain on Jun 12, 2016, 08:35AMI liked it enough that I discovered I was not listening critically... just enjoying the ensemble!  I love it when that happens Image

Thanks for sharing!

I had exactly the same response too.
ttf_Dukesboneman

Post by ttf_Dukesboneman »

Beautiful!!  I loved it. Your sound on Sackbut is gorgeous. What are you playing on ? Original-ish equipment?
Thanks for sharing
ttf_matthijs

Post by ttf_matthijs »

Thanks for all nice responses! We hope to publish one or two more of these recordings in the coming weeks, so I'll post them here too...  Image

Quote from: Dukesboneman on Jun 21, 2016, 06:15AMWhat are you playing on ? Original-ish equipment?
I play on a very small bore Ewald Meinl instrument, a copy of the 1595 Drewelwecz sackbut. But the instrument is a bit customized to be closer to the original (more 'historical correct'). Of course brass inner slides, bell on 4th position, no water key and no extra (modern) braces. And a Van der Heide renaissance mouthpiece, which of course also has a lot of influence on the sound. I'm glad to hear you like it!
ttf_matthijs

Post by ttf_matthijs »

Thanks for all nice responses! We hope to publish one or two more of these recordings in the coming weeks, so I'll post them here too...  Image

Quote from: Dukesboneman on Jun 21, 2016, 06:15AMWhat are you playing on ? Original-ish equipment?
I play on a very small bore Ewald Meinl instrument, a copy of the 1595 Drewelwecz sackbut. But the instrument is a bit customized to be closer to the original (more 'historical correct'). Of course brass inner slides, bell on 4th position, no water key and no extra (modern) braces. And a Van der Heide renaissance mouthpiece, which of course also has a lot of influence on the sound. I'm glad to hear you like it!

Return to “History of the Trombone”