Why Everyone Stopped Playing Lassus Trombone

Posaunus

Re: Why Everyone Stopped Playing Lassus Trombone

Post by Posaunus »

Please don't encourage this poster by watching his videos or responding. :frown:
TromboneTallie

Post by TromboneTallie »

Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Please cease and desist. Time to close this thread.
TromboneTallie

Post by TromboneTallie »

Posaunus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:01 pm Please cease and desist. Time to close this thread.
Those videos show that his channel was demonetized and his videos were taken down. YouTube finally acted on the copyright and intellectual infringement on that channel.

The second video is of him trying to convince himself that it was OK to infringe on Doug Yeo after he plagiarized and Doug asked him to stop.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

TromboneTallie wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm Those videos show that his channel was demonetized and his videos were taken down. YouTube finally acted on the copyright and intellectual infringement on that channel.

The second video is of him trying to convince himself that it was OK to infringe on Doug Yeo after he plagiarized and Doug asked him to stop.
Thanks. :good: It's about time. I didn't want him to profit from my looking at his plagiarized nonsense.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

TromboneTallie wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm The second video is of him trying to convince himself that it was OK to infringe on Doug Yeo after he plagiarized and Doug asked him to stop.
I watched some of it. Pretty pathetic. Good riddance!
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

The comments are pretty insane, too. Everyone is a scholar, apparently...
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
TromboneTallie

Post by TromboneTallie »

It's pretty telling. The confusion and pure ignorance over intellectual property, and acting as if he has been victimized. I'm sure the real reason was from the blatant rips from Disney movies, but it is fun to think that this is from him slandering both Doug Yeo and Joe Alessi, both of whom asked him to stop or remove content that put them in a bad light or ripped off their work.
X200

Post by X200 »

TromboneTallie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:44 am It's pretty telling. The confusion and pure ignorance over intellectual property, and acting as if he has been victimized. I'm sure the real reason was from the blatant rips from Disney movies, but it is fun to think that this is from him slandering both Doug Yeo and Joe Alessi, both of whom asked him to stop or remove content that put them in a bad light or ripped off their work.
Other issues aside, 'intellectual property' is a nebulous term designed to sow confusion and is devoid of real meaning, legally or otherwise. Worth reading: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.en.html
TromboneTallie

Post by TromboneTallie »

X200 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:05 am
TromboneTallie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:44 am It's pretty telling. The confusion and pure ignorance over intellectual property, and acting as if he has been victimized. I'm sure the real reason was from the blatant rips from Disney movies, but it is fun to think that this is from him slandering both Doug Yeo and Joe Alessi, both of whom asked him to stop or remove content that put them in a bad light or ripped off their work.
Other issues aside, 'intellectual property' is a nebulous term designed to sow confusion and is devoid of real meaning, legally or otherwise. Worth reading: https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.en.html
"The term “intellectual property” is at best a catch-all to lump together disparate laws."

Perfect article. That's exactly what I was talking about. Various different, unrelated legal situations, like copyright,
sync licenses, and the need to cite authors, lumped into one term. All the things that the channel ignored. Thanks.

I particularly like that the article doesn't even properly define "intellectual property", which is the idea or product that the laws protect, and not the laws themselves. That would be "IP Laws".

Let's look at a real definition of the term:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/intellectual_property

"In general terms, intellectual property is any product of the human intellect that the law protects from unauthorized use by others. The ownership of intellectual property inherently creates a limited monopoly in the protected property. Intellectual property is traditionally comprised of four categories: patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets."

Which is what I was talking about, and what the OP channel did not even try to respect or try to understand.
X200

Post by X200 »

TromboneTallie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:32 am
X200 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:05 am

"The term “intellectual property” is at best a catch-all to lump together disparate laws."

Perfect article. That's exactly what I was talking about. Various different, unrelated legal situations, like copyright,
sync licenses, and the need to cite authors, lumped into one term. All the things that the channel ignored. Thanks.

I particularly like that the article doesn't even properly define "intellectual property", which is the idea or product that the laws protect, and not the laws themselves. That would be "IP Laws".

Let's look at a real definition of the term:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/intellectual_property

"In general terms, intellectual property is any product of the human intellect that the law protects from unauthorized use by others. The ownership of intellectual property inherently creates a limited monopoly in the protected property. Intellectual property is traditionally comprised of four categories: patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets."

Which is what I was talking about, and what the OP channel did not even try to respect or try to understand.
Stallman has it correct. Cornell has fallen into and is perpetuating the fallacy.
spencercarran

Post by spencercarran »

Posaunus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:45 pm
TromboneTallie wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:48 pm Those videos show that his channel was demonetized and his videos were taken down. YouTube finally acted on the copyright and intellectual infringement on that channel.

Thanks. :good: It's about time. I didn't want him to profit from my looking at his plagiarized nonsense.
It's a small channel with, as others have noted, quite poor quality videos. It's odd that he would make a fuss over YouTube demonetizing the channel when the ad revenue involved would have been pretty negligible anyways.
TromboneTallie

Post by TromboneTallie »

X200 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:56 am
Stallman has it correct. Cornell has fallen into and is perpetuating the fallacy.
https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries. ... l-property

Poor Oxford got it wrong too, in their most basic dictionary to boot. :roll:

Come on man. It has the word "property" built into it. It's a term that describes the ideas, not the laws.
X200

Post by X200 »

TromboneTallie wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:25 pm
X200 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:56 am
https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries. ... l-property

Poor Oxford got it wrong too, in their most basic dictionary to boot. :roll:

Come on man. It has the word "property" built into it. It's a term that describes the ideas, not the laws.
Which tells me that Cornell and Oxford suffer from intellectual laziness.
musicofnote

Post by musicofnote »

Blatant racism at work - and combining it with known German/Nazi folk tunes in a Nordic non-black, non-inclusive country.

(sarcasm mode OFF)

If you mean something in a racist manner, it's the intent that's racist, not the song, not the word. Ask Richard Pryor and George Carlin. And that goes for the performers. Was Stephen Spielberg a Nazi because he showed marching Nazis, marching to Nazi marches? Was that his intent?

And no, I'm not going to stop listening to Otello, whether the Otello was a black man, or a white man singing the role. I'm not going to boycott Wagner and I will study Mein Kampf to learn better what facist strategy is when it rears it's ugly head. This is little more than a cultural bubble that will pop and be done with not soon enough. Looked at from all perspectives.
Last edited by musicofnote on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
musicofnote

Post by musicofnote »

P.S. and shame, shame shame Christan, orienting your slide position with a finger on the bell! It's clear, that anyone who does that also hates buzzing.

(sarcasm mode OFF again)
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

Awesome, another thread resurrect to regurgitate the same tired old insensitive arguments. Here we go again...
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
atopper333

Post by atopper333 »

I am reminded of an old quote of debated origin…

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

Return to “History of the Trombone”