Corrosion Inhibitor on raw brass

BigBadandBass

Corrosion Inhibitor on raw brass

Post by BigBadandBass »

Hey y’all! Thought I would bring this to everyone’s attention, I have been experimenting with using the same metal protectant for my knives on my bell. It’s kept our kitchen knives totally clean and the knife I use work shiny and rust free (despite it being a rust prone metal) for well over a year and was curious if it could slow the process of the raw brass on my instrument getting a patina. For the sake of science I have been using it on my bell and not on my tuning slide as an “apples to apples” comparison of how well it works. I’ll keep y’all updated on a somewhat regular basis with photos but here is one week out with the protector reapplied. For all those curious, here’s a link to what I’ve been using.

https://edciformula.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BGuttman

Re: Corrosion Inhibitor on raw brass

Post by BGuttman »

The MSDS doesn't give much detail, but something containing oxygen blocking polymers, waxes, and corrosion inhibitors should work nicely.

I'll be interested to see your results.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
harrisonreed

Re: Corrosion Inhibitor on raw brass

Post by harrisonreed »

You can just use that museum armor wax, too. Renaissance wax or whatever it's called.

Only causes cancer if the enemies sword pierces the armor and gets the wax in your cut. And...if you actually survive the cut itself...

Return to “Maintenance”