Leather Wraps

Cotboneman

Leather Wraps

Post by Cotboneman »

One of my best friends is a fine trombonist, who has managed playing a variety of trombones over many decades without the benefit of a left thumb. Recently, after wearing out the leather wraps that he employed up near the lock nut on several of his horns for comfort, he asked me for recommendations on sources for replacing them. I believe that he has used golf club wrapping for while, but they don't hold up over time. He's also tried the Nanotech device, which he uses on his valve trombone, but finds a good leather wrap to be most comfortable for his left hand.

I know that Christian Griego sells a hand slide wrap that extends back toward the lock nut, and offers it for a variety of slide widths. I've suggested this device. I also seem to recall a company called Leather Specialties that made various type of slide wraps. I don't know if they are still in business.

Can anyone suggest any other companies that might offer leather slide wraps?
BGuttman

Re: Leather Wraps

Post by BGuttman »

Leather Specialties is very much in business. Among other sources, you can contact Hickey's.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Cotboneman

Re: Leather Wraps

Post by Cotboneman »

BGuttman wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:15 pm Leather Specialties is very much in business. Among other sources, you can contact Hickey's.
Thank you I'll pass along this information. :good:

Return to “Accessories”