DW 6BS alternative

rstirn

DW 6BS alternative

Post by rstirn »

Hello!
Im new here.Playing lead bone in a professional big band.Been playing King 3B,s for the last 23 years, great horns, last 12 years playing new made 3B SGX from 2012 with a DW 6 BS mouthpiece.
Mont ago Ive got a brand new King 2BL Jiggs model, plays great ( but manufacturing of the trombone catastrophic- lacquer been falling off the slide after one moth of use, slide stiff, cant get it working like it should etc.).
The DW 6BS seems not to be working on this trombone so well, maybe too big, just doesnt feel right.
Any sugestions or experiences for alternative mpc for big band lead playing, with similar rim like DW 6BS??
Never been a mpcs freak, 6BS worked fine on 3B, but it looks like not appropriate for 2BL.
Doug Elliott

Re: DW 6BS alternative

Post by Doug Elliott »

I think the Jiggs 2B is a single bore horn, not dual bore like a normal 2B, is that right? Yes a 6BS is too big in some ways for that horn. If you're interested in trying one of my mouthpieces I'd suggest LT 100, C, C2 or C+, D2.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Vegasbound

Post by Vegasbound »

LT100/C+ is a great set up, or if you wanted to stick with Wick then the 7cs
spencercarran

Post by spencercarran »

Echoing Vegasbound, the Wick 7cs does have (according to published spec at least) the same rim as 6bs. If you otherwise like the 6bs, that might be a solid option.

Return to “Mouthpieces”