Trombone Paper Media

Fairlane57

Trombone Paper Media

Post by Fairlane57 »

I was looking through some of my old instrument catalogs and info books. I thought some would enjoy seeing a couple pages. The booklet is dated 1928. The Conn catalog pics are from the late 60s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fairlane57

Re: Trombone Paper Media

Post by Fairlane57 »

More.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

More
Last edited by Fairlane57 on Sat May 20, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

More
Last edited by Fairlane57 on Sat May 20, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

More
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Thanks for sharing this, Bob. As a CONNoisseur of these Elkhart instruments, I am grateful!
BrassSection

Post by BrassSection »

Enjoyed that, but would also like to find more history on Stanley Soboski, “phenomenal bass, Fox theatre, Detroit”. That is only info I have found and that was from a 1934 Conn ad listing some players of the Conn 20J tuba. My tuba was at one time owned by Stanley, at least since his name is engraved on it I’m assuming he played it. Person I got it from had lived near Detroit, and he said it was Stanley’s. Found plenty of info on the horn, but not much on the player. Probably need to find a tuba forum, but thought I’d throw it out here.
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

BrassSection wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:37 pm Enjoyed that, but would also like to find more history on Stanley Soboski, “phenomenal bass, Fox theatre, Detroit”. That is only info I have found and that was from a 1934 Conn ad listing some players of the Conn 20J tuba. My tuba was at one time owned by Stanley, at least since his name is engraved on it I’m assuming he played it. Person I got it from had lived near Detroit, and he said it was Stanley’s. Found plenty of info on the horn, but not much on the player. Probably need to find a tuba forum, but thought I’d throw it out here.
Here is a good place to start.
https://www.saxquest.com/museum/publica ... acturer/67
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

Nice! I worked for a music shop in the late ‘80s. There were a few of the catalogs in the used/junk area in storage. I think my manager told me to toss them. Alas!
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Growing up near Reading, PA, my brother and I took lessons with Walter Gier. Gier taught all brass instruments (very well) on the top floor of a building in downtown Reading. He was also the conductor of the Ringgold Band.

Walter Gier’s studio was a museum of instruments, mouthpieces, mutes, sheet music and INSTRUMENT CATALOGS. I think he had every catalog from every band instrument maker from 1920-1980. I loved perusing through those catalogs while my brother was taking his lesson.

The Walter Gier instruments and mouthpieces were auctioned off for the benefit of his estate. I actually won the bid on several of those and still own the instruments. I wish I knew what happened to those catalogs……it was an impressive collection.
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
Fairlane57

Post by Fairlane57 »

A few more ads
dukesboneman

Post by dukesboneman »

I used to have a copy of the Conn Product Manual and the Martin pamphlets.
The Conn book was really interesting

Return to “History of the Trombone”