J Winter Eastman Case repair

TromboneSam

J Winter Eastman Case repair

Post by TromboneSam »

Loaned a horn to a peer for a few months, and he only ever used it in an ensemble that we were both in, and kept it in a locker on site. When I got it back the other day I noticed the case was considerably worse for wear as far as scuffs and scratches, but I’m not too worried about those. What I was slightly annoyed with was 2 of the rubber bumpers on the bell end look like they’ve been ripped off.

I realize it was probably due to negligence and the way he was storing the horn, and I brought it up to him immediately. He said he’d pay for the parts to replace the bumpers. Do any of y’all know if there’s a way to just reattach rubber bumpers to this without having to remove the rivets, disassemble the interior, and screw in new bumpers?

I wish these they still made these cases in blue and that they weren’t so expensive now.

Specialk3700

Re: J Winter Eastman Case repair

Post by Specialk3700 »

I'm not sure where you could get new rubber feet but I you can't find an easy way to attach them I use use some high strength epoxy like JB weld rather than trying to take the case apart.
Engineering student with a trombone problem.
Edwards B454
Shires Bravo
Yamaha 354
Kled999

Post by Kled999 »

You should be able to drill out the rivets and add a rivnut to screw new bumpers on. The challenge is to keep the drill shavings from ending up inside the case.
Blabberbucket

Post by Blabberbucket »

Most repair shops will do case repairs. The rivets will have to be removed, and some portions of the case interior unglued or removed, in order in install new feet. Pretty standard in terms of case repair.
David Paul - Brass Repair/Manufacture
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

I spent 600 bucks only for a latch to come off and the paint to chip, these cases were terrible quality 😑 😐 😒 😕. Problem with these coffins is the they keep the second trigger slightly depressed, I'm thinking not good for the rotor. I end up getting a roomier case. Looks like a part off of some luggage. I would start there.
Conn 112 H w/bored out rotors w/heavyweight caps, Sterling Silver Edward's B3 and Shires B3 leadpipe w/62H slide. Long Island Brass Comp Dimensions 29.5 inner rim .323 backbore solid silver lefreque

Return to “Accessories”