Dull teeth pain during extended playing

How and what to teach and learn.
Nolankberk

Dull teeth pain during extended playing

Post by Nolankberk »

Hey all,

I just got my mouthpiece (marcinkiewicz Gillette ET5) back from being plated. Previously, I felt totally fine playing for extended periods of time. However, in the past 2 weeks I've noticed a dull pain in my top right tooth next to the 2 front teeth, even after 30 minutes or so of playing. It's likely my embouchure or mouthpiece, but I have contacted my dentist and am waiting for a response. I was wondering if any of you fine bone players could give me any pointers. Totally willing to attach videos of my embouchure, etc.

Thanks in advance!

edit: video of embouchure https://youtube.com/shorts/NpQKPgGSR9U?feature=share
Last edited by Nolankberk on Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doug Elliott

Re: Dull teeth pain during extended playing

Post by Doug Elliott »

I just helped a trumpet player with the same problem. Other than the possibility of an actual dental issue, it's probably a mechanical problem with something you're doing, or not doing. I do Skype lessons if you're interested in exploring that.

I would need to see it, but also work with you to see what's going on. So a video may or may not be useful.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
baileyman

Post by baileyman »

Presumably you had to use another piece while your favorite was away? Perhaps your set migrated somehow.
Nolankberk

Post by Nolankberk »

Doug Elliott wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:33 pm I just helped a trumpet player with the same problem. Other than the possibility of an actual dental issue, it's probably a mechanical problem with something you're doing, or not doing. I do Skype lessons if you're interested in exploring that.

I would need to see it, but also work with you to see what's going on. So a video may or may not be useful.
I'll get a video up once I get home, and I'll look into the possiblity of a lesson or two. Thanks!
Nolankberk

Post by Nolankberk »

update: the tooth with pain has a crack in it lol

dentist has been notified

Return to “Teaching & Learning”