Mozart Clarinet Concerto on Trombone

brassduoDJ

Mozart Clarinet Concerto on Trombone

Post by brassduoDJ »

I have always liked this composition so I thought I might start working on it- it does seem very doable with a few minor exceptions in phrasing- but possible to work around with enough practice. I made a short clip of the third movement.
chops were getting pretty tired when this was made- after 5 hours of hard playing that day so some of the notes did not speak as I intended...

Using a Bach 42AG with the open flow valve and a 6 1/2 A mpc. I prefer the 5 diameter rim of Curry but have not been able to find a 5C in large shank as of yet..
hyperbolica

Re: Mozart Clarinet Concerto on Trombone

Post by hyperbolica »

Nice job! That's tough one. Totally unexpected to hear something like this on tbone, and I always love to hear when people put up something different. Thanks!
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

That sounds cool! :good:

The technical parts sound very promising.

I'd suggest aiming for less slide on the non-technical parts.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
brassduoDJ

Post by brassduoDJ »

I appreciate the feedback! I just enjoy playing things that challenge the trombone rep paradigm which I have always felt is way too limited. The suggestion of using less slide is intriguing- I will work with that and see if I can bring out more expression. The first movement is quite a bit more challenging in spots- mostly due to very long phrases that are WAY easier on clarinet as they simply do not require near as much volume of air to play. It is a project that is very enjoyable. I will be seeking to perform this live with the local symphony in the next year or two.

Return to “Performance”