4in screwbell ring

EZSlider

4in screwbell ring

Post by EZSlider »

Hey guys looking to put together the screwbell marching baritone.. Anyone know of stock ring set in the four inch range? Thanks a bunch
EZ
Bonearzt

Re: 4in screwbell ring

Post by Bonearzt »

Check with Instrument Innovations

They can probably fabricate one for you.
Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair

"If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
hornbuilder

Post by hornbuilder »

Be aware that a one-off, especially something like this which is well outside the standard dimensions for screw bell ring sets, will be expensive!! The stock Mike uses for screw ring sets is not large enough to accommodate that sort of diameter, so he would need to source material, which is usually purchased in the multiples of pounds.
Matthew Walker
Owner/Craftsman, M&W Custom Trombones, LLC, Jackson, Wisconsin.
Former Bass Trombonist, Opera Australia, 1991-2006
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

There’s a Facebook page called something like “Frankentubas”. The people there have down all sorts of creative things with tubas and often have parts lying around for something or from something they used for parts. You might want to check in there and see if anybody either has something like that or knows where you might be able to get one
EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

Hey guys thanks for the replies and ideas.. I reached out to Steven Shires.. He said he could custom make me one but the cost put it outside of my budget.. I will say that the price he gave me was quite reasonable as he explained it would take him at least a day to make.. I ended up going with a King 1130 Flugabone project instead.. Melanie Ditter over at RougeRepair https://rogue-repair.com is doing a screwbell and some other stuff on one for me.
EZ

Return to “Modification & Repair”