Schmelzer Nr. 4

Nobbi

Schmelzer Nr. 4

Post by Nobbi »

Latest replacement ...

Being very happy with the sound of my King 5b I was super unhappy with it's weight. Especially when I have to practice at night with a Rejano ... and i have to practice often at night (after 7pm) due to my job and neighbours.
So I was looking for a replacement with a few specs:
- .547 bore size
- gold brass
- no quart valve
- full warm sound

I have been to Manfred Schmelzer before who gave the King 5b a new gold lacquer and played his Nr. 1 and Nr. 2 horns. Very impressive. His Nr. 4 trombone hit exactly my specs. I made an appointment with him (he lives just 60km away from my home) and when I got there, he already displayed about 10 Nr. 4 trombones in all kinds of setups ready for me to play. Unbelievable. That made my day.

An hour later I held my new horn in my hands. It has a super warm deep sound when using the GB NY 5m ... even more mellow using the Laskey Alessi 60 Symph.

If you ever get the chance to visit Manfred Schmelzer, go do it ... it's more than worth it.

Greetings, Nobbi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Digidog

Re: Schmelzer Nr. 4

Post by Digidog »

Beautiful trombone!

Congrats to a very fine looking horn, and I hope it will be your companion in music for many, happy years!

I played a Schmelzer 2 for many years, but - alas - the horns characteristics didn't suit me and my playing, so I sold it with the only regret that it was a beautiful and supremely well made instrument.

Play long and prosper.
Welcome to visit my web store: https://www.danieleng.com/

Big Engband on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/30Vuft1 ... me3sZi8q-A
DougHulme

Re: Schmelzer Nr. 4

Post by DougHulme »

Manfred is a super nice guy, totally dependable. Pleased to call him a friend. Always give him a chance to qoute or supply, lovely horns... Doug

Return to “Instruments”