Ludwig Nuss

Discuss the people that make the music here.
MStarke

Ludwig Nuss

Post by MStarke »

As I had a great lesson with him a few days ago, I wanted to share some impressions of Ludwig Nuss, lead trombone with the WDR bigband since I think middle of the 90ies, certainly one of the most desired positions of that kind in Europe.

I have met him a few times within the last >20 years and have always been impressed with his playing, but also his relaxed and friendly character. However until now I never took a lesson with him as until a few years ago I never really moved into the jazz area.
As a sidenote his son Jonathan is solo trombonist with the Dresdner Staatskapelle, so there must be something in the genes...

There are endless recordings on Youtube, just some of my personal favorites:

Some perspective on his playing, view on music etc.

A new version of one of the tracks from the two bone big band albums, which must be some of the first (and greatest!) trombone multitrack recordings made by Ludwig and Ingo Luis.

Two Gershwin songs that he shared with me after the lesson which are extremely nice in my opinion.
Markus Starke
https://www.mst-studio-mouthpieces.com/

Alto: Conn 35h, Kanstul, Weril
Tenor: 2x Conn 6h, Blessing medium, Elkhart 88H, 88HT, Greenhoe 88HT, Heckel, Piering replica
Bass: Conn 112h/62h, Greenhoe TIS, Conn 60h/"62h"
EriKon

Re: Ludwig Nuss

Post by EriKon »

Ludwig is a great person! A lot of fun to be around him! Would love to see him again, it's been a few years.

His brother is a great jazz pianist, Hubert Nuss. And his other son is too (Benjamin, I think).
RustBeltBass

Re: Ludwig Nuss

Post by RustBeltBass »

I know the other guy on the cd cover quite well. ;-)

Return to “Musicians”