Shires Tenor Trombone: I have a thumb actuator with a failed Coil Spring. I need a new coiled spring (cost and time )

BillyBonz

Shires Tenor Trombone: I have a thumb actuator with a failed Coil Spring. I need a new coiled spring (cost and time )

Post by BillyBonz »

Shires Tenor Trombone: I have a thumb actuator with a failed Coil Spring. I need a new coiled spring (cost and time ).
Elow

Re: Shires Tenor Trombone: I have a thumb actuator with a failed Coil Spring. I need a new coiled spring (cost and time

Post by Elow »

This is a very weirdly structured question. Aliens or AI?
tjonz

Re: Shires Tenor Trombone: I have a thumb actuator with a failed Coil Spring. I need a new coiled spring (cost and time

Post by tjonz »

Billy has one other post besides this one. In a thread about a stuck valve on a Jupiter trombone he suggested, "Work with a Jupiter Dealer for warranty maintenance or replacement."

Elow asks, "Aliens or AI?" On the off chance that Billy is, in fact, an AI it might be appropriate to share ChatGPT's suggestion in response to Billy's problem, which is very similar to his reply in the other thread:

"For a Shires tenor trombone, you'll need to contact Shires directly or a certified Shires dealer for the specific replacement part. The cost and availability of the coil spring can vary, so it's best to get a quote directly from them. As for the time required, replacing a coil spring in a thumb actuator is a relatively straightforward repair and can usually be done in under an hour by a skilled technician. However, the exact time can depend on the technician's workload and scheduling."

Return to “Modification & Repair”