Serial Number of a Conn 88HCL

plondoe

Serial Number of a Conn 88HCL

Post by plondoe »

I have a Conn 88HCL and I can't seem to find a readable serial number on it anywhere. I can find one on the handle of the slide, but its seems to be a code that ends B3520. Is there any way for me to find the serial number? It is post-Elkhart and my trombone teacher seems to think it's 80's or 90's, although I'm not sure why.
BGuttman

Re: Serial Number of a Conn 88HCL

Post by BGuttman »

CL stands for Christian Lindberg. It's his twist on the 88H. The horns first appeared when your teacher says.

Newer Conn serials are somewhat enigmatic. I hope somebody else chimes in. Some should be 6 digits, but there were 8 digit ones that included letters.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Tboorer

Re: Serial Number of a Conn 88HCL

Post by Tboorer »

plondoe wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:37 am I have a Conn 88HCL and I can't seem to find a readable serial number on it anywhere. I can find one on the handle of the slide, but its seems to be a code that ends B3520. Is there any way for me to find the serial number? It is post-Elkhart and my trombone teacher seems to think it's 80's or 90's, although I'm not sure why.
I don’t know how it could be 80 or 90s if it’s a CL conn. He didn’t develop that model until the late 90s

Return to “Instruments”