Duet Score

JonnyGBT

Duet Score

Post by JonnyGBT »

Hi everyone, me and a buddy are playing the Trombone Institute of Technology duet at a national contest coming up but we need a score version of the parts for the judge, all we have is the individual parts and I can't find anything online. Does anyone know if a score part (both parts on the same page) exists and where to find it? thanks!
AtomicClock

Re: Duet Score

Post by AtomicClock »

I think you might have a date with scissors and some Scotch tape.
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Or scan it to jpg and copy and paste each line into a new file. PITA, but I've done that.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
musicofnote

Post by musicofnote »

JonnyGBT wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:04 pm Hi everyone, me and a buddy are playing the Trombone Institute of Technology duet at a national contest coming up but we need a score version of the parts for the judge, all we have is the individual parts and I can't find anything online. Does anyone know if a score part (both parts on the same page) exists and where to find it? thanks!
I do this all the time - of course I'm a retired professional music engraver and still dust off my old copy of Finale to do this. The more often you do this, the more proficient you get at creating scores from individual parts or conversely, creating individual parts from scores. And I haven't used a MIDI device for input in decades. The manual methods of note input -can- (and often are) be much more efficient and mistake-free than MIDI.
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”