LIBrass EON Mouthpiece review

Pictures, video, etc.
WilliamLang

LIBrass EON Mouthpiece review

Post by WilliamLang »

Hi all!

Just got this in from Jeff and LIBrass and made a quick comparison video to my usually 550E. The EON line feels very clear and powerful, at the expense of some of the depth I'm used to with the 550E. For players that use a naturally rich sound, this could be a great balancer.

Curious what y'all will think! This mouthpiece journey has been really eye opening for me - I spent about 15 years deciding to work on myself before seeing what the equipment did, and it's been fun seeing how weight, shape, and manufacturer can all make a big difference.

After trying out maybe 30-40 mouthpieces (many of them bought from y'all here!) I keep the 550E as my standard mouthpiece for work, and always carry Doug's XT104, XT G* and G8 setup with me for the proper sound on more commercial leaning gigs.

William Lang
Interim Instructor, the University of Oklahoma
Stephens Horns Artist
Long Island Brass Artist
faculty, the Longy School of Music
founding member of loadbang
www.williamlang.org
RustBeltBass

Re: LIBrass EON Mouthpiece review

Post by RustBeltBass »

Very cool review. I am curious about this design and considered giving it a try but am completely overwhelmed by their website, it looks very cool but I am a bit confused by their choices of models.

Without being able to give a good reason as to why, I have a hard time imagining this design working on bass.

Does work great for Nick S. and Pollard obviously.
LIBrassCo

Post by LIBrassCo »

RustBeltBass wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:43 pm Very cool review. I am curious about this design and considered giving it a try but am completely overwhelmed by their website, it looks very cool but I am a bit confused by their choices of models.

Without being able to give a good reason as to why, I have a hard time imagining this design working on bass.

Does work great for Nick S. and Pollard obviously.
We'd be happy to walk you through all of it! Just reach out and we can schedule a call anytime. As there's 5 uniquely different bass trombone cup profiles available at this point, I'm sure there's one that lends itself well to you as a player.
Check out our new bass trombone doubling mouthpieces: https://www.librassco.com/broadway-bass
LIBrassCo

Post by LIBrassCo »

WilliamLang wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:13 pm Hi all!

Just got this in from Jeff and LIBrass and made a quick comparison video to my usually 550E. The EON line feels very clear and powerful, at the expense of some of the depth I'm used to with the 550E. For players that use a naturally rich sound, this could be a great balancer.

Curious what y'all will think! This mouthpiece journey has been really eye opening for me - I spent about 15 years deciding to work on myself before seeing what the equipment did, and it's been fun seeing how weight, shape, and manufacturer can all make a big difference.

After trying out maybe 30-40 mouthpieces (many of them bought from y'all here!) I keep the 550E as my standard mouthpiece for work, and always carry Doug's XT104, XT G* and G8 setup with me for the proper sound on more commercial leaning gigs.

As always, thanks for the video review Will!

Just to add in a couple of things, that specific piece is a one off based on an Eon 550, not the standard production model. It is a really lightweight blank, deeper cup, and thinner rim than typical.
Check out our new bass trombone doubling mouthpieces: https://www.librassco.com/broadway-bass
WilliamLang

Post by WilliamLang »

Thanks for the info! Very cool to have such a unique piece, and I've been having a lot of fun testing it out
William Lang
Interim Instructor, the University of Oklahoma
Stephens Horns Artist
Long Island Brass Artist
faculty, the Longy School of Music
founding member of loadbang
www.williamlang.org

Return to “Media”