New Brass Ark website layout

Spin your yarns here.
harrisonreed

New Brass Ark website layout

Post by harrisonreed »

Just noticed the Brass Ark modernized the website. Great job Noah, it is much easier to navigate and looks great!
bitbckt

Re: New Brass Ark website layout

Post by bitbckt »

Agreed! I was poking around it yesterday, and particularly appreciate the new organization of instruments for sale.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

The update is great and the website is also really fast! Not an easy thing to do.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Very nice. One minor nit you might want to look at: In the Order Forms, the Options fields don't resize when you resize the window -- resulting in a bizarre appearance of the Options fields overhanging the edge of the page being displayed unless you make your overall window quite large. Everything else seems to resize in a reasonable way.
Gary Merrill
Wessex EEb tuba
Mack Brass Compensating Euph
Amati Oval Euph
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba
Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone
DE LB K/K9/112 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R
1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Bach 12c)
Doldom

Post by Doldom »

Nice but,,
I had great pleasure reading Archives of sold, but in new website there's also archives of sold instrument but its list is very limited.
Can we access the old listings of sold instruments again? or is it new policy not to display?
chromebone

Post by chromebone »

The new site is great, and now the pictures now load much faster. It used to take forever.
slipmo

Post by slipmo »

Thanks for the nice compliments everyone! It was A LOT of work to modernize the website and is still a bit of a work in progress. Appreciate the feedback on sizings and things like that, will try to get those corrected.

As for the sold instrument archive with all the photos. My plan will be to slowing re-add those, as I know that everyone likes to look at photos of horns for reference... it's not going to be a fast thing but I do have the old site archived and I will slowly start to repopulate that section with historical sales. I ask for patience on that one, as my priority is getting new instruments up for sale for my consignees and makers.

Do check out the new makers section, its a much better presentation of all of the new exciting makers that are creating some of the best stuff.

Next updates I hope to also have The Trombone Corner podcast on the site as well... but that's some complex coding.

I will keep working to make the site better and along with the new shop space, hope to keep bringing you all fantastic trombone content!

I sincerely thank everyone of you for the support in the past and currently, it means a lot and its motivation for me to keep working hard at this.

Cheers,
Noah
slipmo

Post by slipmo »

ghmerrill wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:58 am Very nice. One minor nit you might want to look at: In the Order Forms, the Options fields don't resize when you resize the window -- resulting in a bizarre appearance of the Options fields overhanging the edge of the page being displayed unless you make your overall window quite large. Everything else seems to resize in a reasonable way.
Redone the forms, hopefully this will be working better for you now :hi:

Return to “Tangents”