Is Shires the Krispy Kreme of Trombone manufacturers?

Spin your yarns here.
ghmerrill

Re: Is Shires the Krispy Kreme of Trombone manufacturers?

Post by ghmerrill »

flyingcow wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:03 pm A Krispy Kreme isn't a Krispy Kreme unless the red light is on.
"Krispy Kreme suus ubicumque inveneris." (It's a Krispy Kreme wherever you find it.)
William of Occam, Summa Logicae (circa 1325) -- a somewhat disputed passage, but one on which Krispy Kreme scholars generally agree.
Gary Merrill
Wessex EEb tuba
Mack Brass Compensating Euph
Amati Oval Euph
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba
Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone
DE LB K/K9/110 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R
1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Bach 12c)
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Posaunus wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:07 pm Y'all in the south seem to have succumbed to some sort of unhealthy addiction to this life-shortening junk food. :horror:
Well, that could start a whole other discussion about cultural roots of diet. But I'm not responsible. I'm from the north and have just lived here for about 40 years (come to think of it, that's more than half my life :roll: ). I just try to get along and fit in. But I do draw some lines. I won't eat "country ham" -- at least not any I've ever seen. And I haven't gone for the whole deep-fried turkey yet. But life is short. Why make it also intolerable without bad food? In terms of donuts, I might have one every few months -- and then definitely not a Krispy Kreme -- or any other donut with "stuff" on it. :lol:
Gary Merrill
Wessex EEb tuba
Mack Brass Compensating Euph
Amati Oval Euph
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba
Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone
DE LB K/K9/110 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R
1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Bach 12c)
tbdana

Post by tbdana »

flyingcow wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:03 pm
ghmerrill wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:43 pm Can't y'all get Krispy Kremes in your local Food Lion or Piggly Wiggly's? No need for a dedicated Krispy Kreme store. :roll: What kind of deprived areas do people live in that they can't just go into the local grocery or drug store and pick up a box of Krispy Kremes? That would be awful.
A Krispy Kreme isn't a Krispy Kreme unless the red light is on.
That is exactly right. You can't understand unless you've had one.

Return to “Tangents”