Oof. Thanks for the nightmares.
ttf_robcat2075

Am I The Only One To Cringe?

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Moon gravity.
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Luckily, a Kanstul is probably built well enough to take it ... once or twice ... if it was done gently ... but I'd probably just walk on by.
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Apr 18, 2017, 07:08PM Image Image Image
Would have thought that Woodwind Brasswind would know better. Image

I would say they know virtually nothing at this point...
ttf_Graham Martin

Post by ttf_Graham Martin »

Actually, I do not really know the company Woodwind Brasswind. I got them confused with a company here in Australia with a similar name - Ozwinds Brass and Woodwind. They do know better! And they also sell Soulo mutes!

http://www.ozwinds.com.au/soulo-adjustable-mute-tenor-trombone-p-6448.html?osCsid=871b26f8f3205d3ec28cbf434372ecf9

ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

I would agree that a company like Woodwind and Brasswind should know better than to hang a trombone by the slide.  Done gently for a short duration of time (like taking a picture requires) probably isn't going to do damage, but I wouldn't chance it with one of my horns.  Also someone looking at this (especially a young student) might get the idea that this an appropriate way to display a horn between use.  You would think a company that sells horns and horn accessories would have an appropriate trombone stand to use for photographic purposes.
ttf_Baron von Bone

Post by ttf_Baron von Bone »

Quote from: Graham Martin on Apr 18, 2017, 07:08PM Image Image Image
Would have thought that Woodwind Brasswind would know better. Image
I'm sure the sales reps and techs in the Brass Dpt. do know better, but they likely never cross paths with 90% of the company's other employees ... to include whoever does the photography.

I'd kinda like to try out one of those Kanstul CR valves--"buy" one for a few weeks or so and see how they compare to Thayers. My curiosity is liable to get the better of me one of these days, I suspect. I try not to do that sort of thing too often to a respectable company though.
ttf_Quiros

Post by ttf_Quiros »

Which is worse: hanging it by the handslide, or hanging it by the tuning slide? Image

I remember seeing an eBay listing where they hang a YBL-822 by the handslide. The people who take these pictures needs a good scolding.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Good advertising for Kanstul. Sturdiest slide locks in the world!
ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

I don't like the way that some music stores to hang the bell section and slide on the same hanger, with the edge of the bell leaning on the slide. It looks like a good way to get a small dent in the slide, especially if it's taken down and rehung a lot and the slide is brass.
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Quote from: Quiros on Apr 19, 2017, 05:39AMWhich is worse: hanging it by the handslide, or hanging it by the tuning slide? Image
+1. These are guitar/violin wall display hangers...I wonder why a wind instrument company would use this. One would rather thing that they should rather have in stock appropriate brass instrument display hangers, crooks etc....
ttf_Baron von Bone

Post by ttf_Baron von Bone »

The photographers most likely haven't a clue about that, and while the last one was probably told not to do this it's not very likely that whatever position handles the photography is a career type position ... so, turnover.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: bonenick on Apr 24, 2017, 02:10AM+1. These are guitar/violin wall display hangers...I wonder why a wind instrument company would use this. One would rather thing that they should rather have in stock appropriate brass instrument display hangers, crooks etc....

Woodwind/Brasswind, Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, Music123, Music & Arts, etc. are all the same company.  Probably have some poor guitarist in a room someplace tasked with taking pictures of all the B-Stock items.
ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

Quote from: Quiros on Apr 19, 2017, 05:39AMWhich is worse: hanging it by the handslide, or hanging it by the tuning slide? Image

You mean like this?
https://reverb.com/item/5071620-bach-stradivarius-model-36-trombone-with-f-attachment

ttf_Goddardo

Post by ttf_Goddardo »

Quote from: Larry Preston Roberson on Apr 29, 2017, 03:33PMYou mean like this?
https://reverb.com/item/5071620-bach-stradivarius-model-36-trombone-with-f-attachment

All I can think of, with the smoke effect around it, is that they must be following a traditional curing process. That horn will play wonderfully in another 12-24 hours.
ttf_slide advantage

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

What could possibly go wrong?   Image
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Thank god, these slides are not lubrificated....
ttf_Blackthorne

Post by ttf_Blackthorne »

Quote from: Larry Preston Roberson on Apr 29, 2017, 03:33PMYou mean like this?

How did the rest of the horn not drop right off of the tuning slide?  Image Even with no grease on the stockings, I'd think the weight of the trombone would be enough for it to slide off.
ttf_chipolah

Post by ttf_chipolah »

OUCH !!!!!!!
ttf_chipolah

Post by ttf_chipolah »

OUCH !!!!!!!

Return to “Found on the Net”