Another Rash of eBay Scams

ttf_bubbachet

Post by ttf_bubbachet »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Conn-62HG-Greenhoe-Bass-Trombone-/112410720884

Here's another hacked eBay account offering a high dollar trombone (or bike, or iPad Pro, or etc etc etc) for next to nothing. It's obviously a scam and I've reported it, but I wanted to post here:

If the ad has direct contact information in it, it's a scam.

If the price is too good to be true, it's a scam.

If you think it's probably a scam, it's a scam.
ttf_jmtheob

Post by ttf_jmtheob »

Another red flag might be a "Brand New" horn with condition: "used."  Just sayin'.
ttf_Blackthorne

Post by ttf_Blackthorne »

This is the second time I've seen this exact same listing on eBay, this time under a different account.  The scammer is probably hijacking accounts in good standing to make it look legit. 

Either the bids are shill bids, or some people actually think the auction is legit, because if they aren't shills, those people are bidding on it despite the description clearly stating that the trombone is only available through Buy It Now. 
ttf_Blackthorne

Post by ttf_Blackthorne »

This is the second time I've seen this exact same listing on eBay, this time under a different account.  The scammer is probably hijacking accounts in good standing to make it look legit. 

Either the bids are shill bids, or some people actually think the auction is legit, because if they aren't shills, those people are bidding on it despite the description clearly stating that the trombone is only available through Buy It Now. 

Return to “Found on the Net”