Olds Recording Counterweight

ttf_JimArcher

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

Been looking for one for several years - one finally turned up on eBay a few days ago, my high bid was $100 - it sold for  $125...
ttf_Nanook

Post by ttf_Nanook »

Sorry to hear that, I never do well with e bay auctions...I see you're an Olds guy,I just picked up a 1949 super...I love it...I'd like a counter weight for it as well...Let me know if you run into one...I'll keep my eye out for you as well....

Nanook
ttf_JimArcher

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

I've got a couple of Supers and other models (the student Ambassador was the only one that came with a weight).  I've machined several Amb. wts to fit my other horns. 
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Jim, PM me if you are interested in the Olds cwt that came off a late model, nickel-plated Studio.  We talked about it last year...
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: greenbean on Dec 19, 2016, 09:53AMJim, PM me if you are interested in the Olds cwt that came off a late model, nickel-plated Studio.  We talked about it last year...
^They don't fit a Recording though.
Been there, done that.

ttf_zarkosis

Post by ttf_zarkosis »

I got the three piece one from brass labs!! Amazing and the silver goes great with the nickel tuning slide! I think it was around 100$
ttf_Nanook

Post by ttf_Nanook »

Quote from: zarkosis on Jun 09, 2017, 06:21PMI got the three piece one from brass labs!! Amazing and the silver goes great with the nickel tuning slide! I think it was around 100$

My instructor told me to tough it out... Turns out he was right, I've got used to it....
ttf_JimArcher

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

Understand, and I regularly play a double trigger bass, no problem there either. 

My Olds searches were just to get the proper match(es)...
ttf_JimArcher

Post by ttf_JimArcher »

Understand, and I regularly play a double trigger bass, no problem there either. 

My Olds searches were just to get the proper match(es)...

Return to “Found on the Net”