Android phone for filming

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Dear trombone collegues,

I would like to make some films of my playing, as I saw other trombonists on youtube, but with my phone is really bad. Could anybody please recomend me a phone to do it with decent quality, or at least, to know what parameters I should consider when buying one?

Thanks a lot in advance, have a good practice today (or as Herseth would say, performance, not practice!)
ttf_58mark

Post by ttf_58mark »

Newer samsung phones (Note 4 and newer) have amazing cameras, and you can but external mics that plug in through the Headphone jack.   My wife has a note 4 and I'm so jealous of the quality of her camera (I have a slightly older samsung mega and the camera isn't half as good)

I like the size of the mega, so I make due

ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

Most new Android phones have at least acceptable cameras. Flagship phones f have better cameras. It would be hard to go wrong with something glide the One Plus 3t.

Be aware, though, that the audio on a phone camera is usually pretty terrible- when I make videos, I I record audio with a Zoom recorder and mix it in post.

Sadly, external mics like those used on iPhone are  it at the same level on Android.
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

Most new Android phones have at least acceptable cameras. Flagship phones f have better cameras. It would be hard to go wrong with something glide the One Plus 3t.

Be aware, though, that the audio on a phone camera is usually pretty terrible- when I make videos, I I record audio with a Zoom recorder and mix it in post.

Sadly, external mics like those used on iPhone are  it at the same level on Android.

Return to “Technology”