Random phone calls?

ttf_Whitbey

Random phone calls?

Post by ttf_Whitbey »

I have been getting a lot of calls every day that never have a voice. They just call and hang up. I am a real estate guy so I have to call back to make sure it is not a real person. I block many calls after but the number of calls are crazy.
Any idea why someone would just robo call and never connect? Who are these people that do this?
ttf_TriJim

Random phone calls?

Post by ttf_TriJim »

If the telemarketer is currently busy (already on the phone with someone else), their computer may log you as a working number and call back later.  They may also sell your phone number on a list of working numbers.  Many telemarketers work from hotels so you can block their phone number, but they'll call back another day with a new number.  Political advertisers may leave a message, but most other telemarketers don't - they know you won't call back. 

Best to not answer if you don't recognize the caller - although I guess you don't have that option if you are looking for customer calls.   Image
ttf_CharlieB

Random phone calls?

Post by ttf_CharlieB »

I have set up my phone to go to voice mail after five rings. It also displays the caller's name on the TV screen. My observation is that telemarketer's computers hang up after four rings and never connect.
ttf_CharlieB

Random phone calls?

Post by ttf_CharlieB »

I have set up my phone to go to voice mail after five rings. It also displays the caller's name on the TV screen. My observation is that telemarketer's computers hang up after four rings and never connect.

Return to “Chit-Chat”