Cronkhite 2 piece bass bag

ttf_chris612

Post by ttf_chris612 »

Hi all  Image

I've been doing my research and can't find a whole lot of reviews on the cronkhite 2 piece flight bag for bass trombone. I have a cronkhite double tenor bag I love but some people say the slide holder flops around a little and I worry this will be a problem for walking around the city. If anyone has information on them let me know what you think!

Also, I am putting a Bach 50BG3 in it, so could it fit in the medium bag that holds up to 9.5 inch bells or just the large?

Thanks!
Chris

Edit; just to clarify I am asking about the flight bag, I reread my post and it seemed confusing, thanks!
ttf_schlitzbeer

Post by ttf_schlitzbeer »

I have a large tenor double bag from him, and I've had up to a 10" bell in it with no problems. As for day trekking with it, I wouldn't do it. Public transit and a horn case can be a real pain in the ass. Lots easier to get around with a screwbell case..
ttf_Nathan Wood

Post by ttf_Nathan Wood »

Hey there, I have the case in question and was very happy with it until I got my bell cut and switched to a MB screw bell case. The medium is designed for basses with 9.5" bells and the large is for up to 10.5" so I would definitely stick to the medium. My slide compartment fits snugly and there is no flopping when I'm walking around. My only complaint is that I've never had a gig bag that stayed in the middle of my back (they always drift off to one side no matter how the straps are adjusted), but this is apparently par for the course with gig bags and asymmetrical things in general. I've also had some doubling gigs where I could take a bass and large bore bell section and just the one .562" slide, saving me from having to walk around with way too much stuff all day.
ttf_chris612

Post by ttf_chris612 »

Quote from: Nathan Wood on Yesterday at 01:35 PMHey there, I have the case in question and was very happy with it until I got my bell cut and switched to a MB screw bell case. The medium is designed for basses with 9.5" bells and the large is for up to 10.5" so I would definitely stick to the medium. My slide compartment fits snugly and there is no flopping when I'm walking around. My only complaint is that I've never had a gig bag that stayed in the middle of my back (they always drift off to one side no matter how the straps are adjusted), but this is apparently par for the course with gig bags and asymmetrical things in general. I've also had some doubling gigs where I could take a bass and large bore bell section and just the one .562" slide, saving me from having to walk around with way too much stuff all day.

So did you use more than one bell section bag and just the one slide compartment case?

Chris
ttf_chris612

Post by ttf_chris612 »

Quote from: Nathan Wood on Yesterday at 01:35 PMHey there, I have the case in question and was very happy with it until I got my bell cut and switched to a MB screw bell case. The medium is designed for basses with 9.5" bells and the large is for up to 10.5" so I would definitely stick to the medium. My slide compartment fits snugly and there is no flopping when I'm walking around. My only complaint is that I've never had a gig bag that stayed in the middle of my back (they always drift off to one side no matter how the straps are adjusted), but this is apparently par for the course with gig bags and asymmetrical things in general. I've also had some doubling gigs where I could take a bass and large bore bell section and just the one .562" slide, saving me from having to walk around with way too much stuff all day.

So did you use more than one bell section bag and just the one slide compartment case?

Chris

Return to “Accessories”