Adams trumpets

ttf_BiggieSmalls

Adams trumpets

Post by ttf_BiggieSmalls »

Interesting horns that trumpeter Christian Scott has brought to market in collaboration with the Dutch instrument maker Adams:

http://www.jazzapparatus.com/christian-scotts-trumpets/

Yes, they're...trumpets Image...but the innovative spirit of these horns is worth checking out.

ttf_bonenick

Adams trumpets

Post by ttf_bonenick »

good luck with your cases...
don't get me wrong, Adams folks are amazing, but this doesn't look too practical...
ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist

Adams trumpets

Post by ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist »

I really think having fancy braces and different tube bends only change a horn so much. The design and tapers, materials and thicknesses, and craftsmanship are the big factors here.
ttf_bonenick

Adams trumpets

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Adams are good designers and artisans. Still, I would prefer their more traditional and less flashy wraps.
ttf_bbocaner

Adams trumpets

Post by ttf_bbocaner »

Quote from: Full Pedal Trombonist on Yesterday at 07:54 AMI really think having fancy braces and different tube bends only change a horn so much. The design and tapers, materials and thicknesses, and craftsmanship are the big factors here.

says the man with the crazy brace in his avatar!

I've experienced circumstances where moving a brace by 1/4" totally changed an instrument. I would agree that the other factors matter more, but I wouldn't discount the effect it can have, either. I think it makes sense to design an instrument to play well before trying to make it look unique, though.
ttf_RJMason

Adams trumpets

Post by ttf_RJMason »

They're designing a trombone too...just finished it, classical style w f Attachment. Cool wrap...have yet to try one yet though.

Return to “Instruments”