Youtube claim on my practice video....

ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

No troubles so far, just wondering if I'm likely to break any autorship laws or regulations by posting my practice of good old jazz tunes online....do I need any permission or to put any disclaimers or other s**t...???

ttf_harrison.t.reed

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

Should fall under fair use unless you try to monetize.
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

I think you're OK.

It looks like they have a mechanism in place to make it OK for you to post that.

The ad revenue will go to the copyright holder.

It's possible you may find their ad too intrusive but you won't have much option except to delete your video.

They must have a lousy enforcement engine at Youtube.  There's tons of stuff that is obviously infringing but yours is the one that gets caught.  Image
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

It got flagged because of the name.  I bet the hook it up to a CD/discography library and do a simple search to see if a title exists in there.  A few years ago, I recorded a friend of mine's piano recital.  She played all public domain stuff but that got flagged by the same process as being potentially copywritten material.  I'm pretty sure its because someone else recorded the songs with exactly the same name as I gave them on my youtube channel.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

It got flagged because of the name.  I bet the hook it up to a CD/discography library and do a simple search to see if a title exists in there.  A few years ago, I recorded a friend of mine's piano recital.  She played all public domain stuff but that got flagged by the same process as being potentially copywritten material.  I'm pretty sure its because someone else recorded the songs with exactly the same name as I gave them on my youtube channel.

Return to “Found on the Net”