STOLEN Bass Bone and Mouthpieces

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

This past weekend my Yamaha 613 Bass Trombone was stolen along with my mouthpieces and teaching bag.
Greg Black 5GD Gold Plated
Yamaha 59 GP Bass Trombone mouthpiece

I live in the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania. Police notified, paperwork processing, working with insurance and I will be talking to pawn shops and music stores today. I did not yet doucement the bass serial number, really stupid on my part, so I know I'm in for a battle there.
If anyone sees it pop up on craigslist or ebay please shoot me an email.
[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Thank you for your time.
ttf_daveyboy37

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

BUMMER! I will definitely keep an eye out for the trombone. How long have you had it? It's always possible a previous owner/dealer has the serial number information.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Update: I found the horn in a pawn shop with the mouthpieces. The gig bag is gone and my briefcase with all my music books is still missing. PAwn shop has the name, address and video of the person.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Congratulations.  I guess I can unsticky this.
ttf_daveyboy37

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

Quote from: NicholasTrue on Jun 19, 2017, 09:27AMUpdate: I found the horn in a pawn shop with the mouthpieces. The gig bag is gone and my briefcase with all my music books is still missing. PAwn shop has the name, address and video of the person.
I would wager you may have everything back shortly. Hopefully the person they have is the thief, as often they may use a third party to bring in stolen goods to sell.

Sadly it may be that the stuff they didn't think they could sell was simply discarded. Not sure why they would not bring the horn in with the gig bag. I would consider that a definite "red flag" when an instrument shows up without a case at a pawn shop.
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Quote from: NicholasTrue on Jun 19, 2017, 09:27AMUpdate: I found the horn in a pawn shop with the mouthpieces. The gig bag is gone and my briefcase with all my music books is still missing. PAwn shop has the name, address and video of the person.

That's awesome!  Congrats! Image
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Thank you everyone for your help and support! It really means a lot. Feel free to un-sticky this.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Thank you everyone for your help and support! It really means a lot. Feel free to un-sticky this.

Return to “Instruments”