Edwards/Getzen leadpipe info

ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

I was just browsing through past forum topics and came across this post from Christan Griego regarding the Edwards/Getzen large bore tenor leadpipes: "The T1 was a Bach standard leadpipe copy, the T2 a Bach open copy, and the T3 was a Conn 88 copy."

I had been under the impression that it was just: 'least open'/T1 to the 'most open'/T3.  Would that still be a fair statement?

Here's a link to the 2009 discussion: http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,45779.msg664141.html#msg664141

ttf_john jenkins

Post by ttf_john jenkins »

I believe both are correct.

This ("'least open'/T1 to the 'most open'/T3") is true for Edwards/Shires pipes and most companies using the 1-2-3 numbering system.

And it has been my understanding that the Bach design uses a narrower leadpipe to balance the very open model 50 bass crook it uses on the model 42. So, a Bach open copy would be slightly more open at the venturi, while a Conn 88H leadpipe is furthermore open to balance the narrow slide and consistent diameter slide crook at .547".

ttf_john jenkins

Post by ttf_john jenkins »

I believe both are correct.

This ("'least open'/T1 to the 'most open'/T3") is true for Edwards/Shires pipes and most companies using the 1-2-3 numbering system.

And it has been my understanding that the Bach design uses a narrower leadpipe to balance the very open model 50 bass crook it uses on the model 42. So, a Bach open copy would be slightly more open at the venturi, while a Conn 88H leadpipe is furthermore open to balance the narrow slide and consistent diameter slide crook at .547".

Return to “Accessories”