BAC Bass for $9000???

ttf_harrison.t.reed

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

After reading that Facebook nonsense, how bout we leave that crap on the other side of the tracks, in Facebook, where it belongs. Especially that crybaby who was sad cuz he jumped ship from Edwards for BAC as an "artist" and never got the "horn I deserved" and only got "flown out to test horns" once. How are you gonna drop your relationship with Edwards for BAC if they don't even have a horn for you to play initially? And then stay there for years and years and feel like you were wronged? Usually they give you something you want to play on first, and then you jump ship.

This here's the workin' man's / woman's trombone forum, not crybabyville -- no on is forcing anyone to buy stuff on eBay. Meghan had mentioned that Facebook was blowing it up over this, so just leave it on Facebook.

On a side note, I would applaud anyone who could sell a bass bone on ebay for 9K and call it a job well done.
ttf_anonymous

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_anonymous »

"After reading that Facebook nonsense, how bout we leave that crap on the other side of the tracks, in Facebook, where it belongs. Especially that crybaby who was sad cuz he jumped ship from Edwards for BAC as an "artist" and never got the "horn I deserved" and only got "flown out to test horns" once. How are you gonna drop your relationship with Edwards for BAC if they don't even have a horn for you to play initially? And then stay there for years and years and feel like you were wronged? Usually they give you something you want to play on first, and then you jump ship.

This here's the workin' man's / woman's trombone forum, not crybabyville. Meghan had mentioned that Facebook was blowing it up over this, so just leave it on Facebook."

LOL WHINING ABOUT WHINING! My post directly relates to this thread and has information that informs the working musician. All you're doing is whining about "whining". If I didn't know any better, sounds like you're jealous of said "crybaby". How dare he put his faith in someone he wanted to believe in and then get upset when he gets ****** over and lied to! Seriously? I looked you up. Ron can play circles around you, if you're a working musician it's probably not the best idea to mock a giant who plays with the best groups in the world. But then again what do I know? It's not like I make a full time living out of performing in New York City. Oh wait.
ttf_MrPillow

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_MrPillow »

This is why we can't have nice things.
ttf_RJMason

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_RJMason »

I think we are close to putting this thread aside, basically has been said that needs to be said. Everyone can have their own opinions.

Ron Wilkins is one of the best trombonists on the planet with numerous positions in our Armed Forces as well as in symphonies, the Count Basie orchestra, Dizzy Big Band, and multiple Broadway Shows. Show some respect. I have no idea who you are sir. And also while there are many professionals on here that post there are many hobbyists or part timers who may benefit from getting the inside scoop.

Ron cares some much about the instrument and the art form and also believed a lot of what Mike told him for years...Mikey is good like that at convincing you it's gonna get better and you want to believe in his passion! And trust me I want people to succeed in our business no matter if I like their products or not.

But many promises were made, precedents were set, and then left unfulfilled.

Didn't work out for me either and that's fine. Becca is being quite passionate but also caught some potentially shady behavior. People can take it how they will, but I feel that she is looking out for the trombone community and holding manufacturers to a higher standard and I applaud that as a consumer on the constant Horn Quest.

If you want a brand new Bass trombone I suggest you skip BAC for a few more years until they finalize the design and make large bore instruments that can appeal to the needs of the modern freelance trombonist. But I can only suggest how to spend anyone's money---if the horns work for you that's wonderful!!!

Peace and love y'all.
ttf_harrison.t.reed

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

Well, it's obvious that the thread has become all about bashing BAC because high level trombonists wanted some bling and made some dumb moves, as far as endorsements go. That's what this is about. Absolutely about some crybabies who want their name on a horn and chose the wrong company to bling them up, while burning bridges with Edwards. BAC might be hit or miss, but there's some high level mud slinging going on from pros who should know better over an unrelated horn they never played.

Becca, I'm sure you could play circles around me too. Feel better about yourself. This is just the Trombone Forum, not the gig scene in NY. I'm not above pointing out what that Facebook thread is though (moving the bash party to multiple social platforms, and making it seem like it's us that have the opinion). I'm pretty much way below it....
ttf_schlitzbeer

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_schlitzbeer »

Quote from: MrPillow on Today at 04:13 PMThis is why we can't have nice things.

I’m just gonna convert my bass to Olsen valves and try another bell. This would cut into my beer budget.
ttf_greenbean

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Quote from: harrison.t.reed on Today at 04:35 PMWell, it's obvious that the thread has become all about bashing BAC because high level trombonists wanted some bling and made some dumb moves, as far as endorsements go. That's what this is about.

Nope.  That is not what this thread is about. 
ttf_mwpfoot

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_mwpfoot »

Quote from: greenbean on Today at 04:50 PMNope.  That is not what this thread is about. 
Correct, the bling thread is here: http://tromboneforum.org/index.php?topic=99197.0

ttf_Le.Tromboniste

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_Le.Tromboniste »

ttf_daveyboy37

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

I am so glad that I am a "nobody" and not someone remotely good enough to get paid to play trombone. I love playing, but man some people are intense. Can't really believe the amount of time that has gone into discussing the pricing of the horn though, especially when screenshots were produced showing the two quoted prices, that for the convertible double, and the single.
ttf_daveyboy37

BAC Bass for $9000???

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

I am so glad that I am a "nobody" and not someone remotely good enough to get paid to play trombone. I love playing, but man some people are intense. Can't really believe the amount of time that has gone into discussing the pricing of the horn though, especially when screenshots were produced showing the two quoted prices, that for the convertible double, and the single.

Return to “Instruments”