Potential background music for D&D

ttf_Andrew Meronek

Post by ttf_Andrew Meronek »

Here's a whim: you get a group of friends together, roll some characters, set out in an adventure, and come across your first encounter with roving (bandits/goblins/something). What would be some great music for the DM to throw on?

I'm not thinking along the terms of "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

And I'm not thinking of having a DM who is there to guide the party to success or anything. Quite the opposite.

So, the background music of Samuel Barber's First Essay for Orchestra would be awesome. A nice, not-so-subtle hint that death is coming, and it's going to be horrible and disheartening.  Image  Image Image
ttf_Baron von Bone

Post by ttf_Baron von Bone »

Quote from: Andrew Meronek on Aug 18, 2017, 02:44PMHere's a whim: you get a group of friends together, roll some characters, set out in an adventure, and come across your first encounter with roving (bandits/goblins/something). What would be some great music for the DM to throw on?

And I'm not thinking of having a DM who is there to guide the party to success or anything. Quite the opposite.

So, the background music of Samuel Barber's First Essay for Orchestra would be awesome. A nice, not-so-subtle hint that death is coming, and it's going to be horrible and disheartening.  Image  Image Image
Any of Jeremy Soule's Elder Scrolls soundtracks (Skyrim may be his best, but there's a lot of really good stuff in all them I'm aware of). I bought the digital album(s), but I think you can still YouTube it--3ish hours of fantasy game soundtrack.
ttf_Baron von Bone

Post by ttf_Baron von Bone »

Quote from: Andrew Meronek on Aug 18, 2017, 02:44PMHere's a whim: you get a group of friends together, roll some characters, set out in an adventure, and come across your first encounter with roving (bandits/goblins/something). What would be some great music for the DM to throw on?

Any of Jeremy Soule's Elder Scrolls soundtracks (Skyrim may be his best, but there's a lot of really good stuff in all them I'm aware of). I bought the digital album(s), but I think you can still YouTube it--3ish hours of fantasy game soundtrack.

Return to “Chit-Chat”