UMI trombone stand not available at Amazon

ttf_miketrombone

Post by ttf_miketrombone »

Hi all,
Just FYI, if you buy the UMI trombone stand advertised at Amazon, you will receive the K&M 14990 instead without the longer bent legs.  Unfortunately it's too expensive to return from Australia!

Mike
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: miketrombone on Aug 22, 2017, 05:57AMHi all,
Just FYI, if you buy the UMI trombone stand advertised at Amazon, you will receive the K&M 14990 instead without the longer bent legs.  Unfortunately it's too expensive to return from Australia!

Mike
That happened to me too.  The regular K&M 14990 is still a nice stand, but you expect to get what you order.  I contacted the seller and they said that is what they get when they order them in.  I could return them (at my expense) for a full refund.  Not happening - especially since the regular 14990 K&M is as good as it is.  I suggested they update their picture and description.  I guess they decided deception was the better way to go.

My advice to folks is to get the seller to guarantee they will ship the item depicted or pay for the return shipping and give a full refund - before you order.

FWIW, I don't think K&M make the UMI version of the sand anymore.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

If you got it on Amazon, at least in the US, even if the seller doesn't want to refund it... if the picture is different, someone else covers the shipping.  I'm not sure if its Amazon or the seller, but I've had that happen to me a few times with various items and Amazon's customer service has been pretty good about it.
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

You could be right Matt.  If they sent me junk I'd probably have kicked up more of a fuss as I have in the past.  But as it is I needed good stands more than I needed the headache and the several week delay in getting everything returned, refunded, re-shipped, etc.  I did get good stands, just not exactly the ones I had hoped for.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

While I understand the frustration of not getting what you ordered, I own both the UMI and K&M versions of this stand and find them equal functionally.  Esthetically, I like the silver K&M better.

I don't find that the bent leg version is more stable.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

While I understand the frustration of not getting what you ordered, I own both the UMI and K&M versions of this stand and find them equal functionally.  Esthetically, I like the silver K&M better.

I don't find that the bent leg version is more stable.

Return to “Accessories”