What case should I get?

ttf_tbonezach

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_tbonezach »

I have luckily come into ownership of a brand new Jupiter XO 1632rgl-lt trombone and the case it is coming in is a joke. I am a high school teacher and this will be my personal instrument. I do not do a ton of air travel but I do load up a lot in my car when going to gigs.

What case should I get? I was looking at protec but I am just not sure which to go with.
ttf_Burgerbob

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

The small bore horn, right? Personally, I like the SKB 360 a lot. Tiny, protective, light, unassuming.
ttf_Geordie

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_Geordie »

If you were doing no air travel I'd suggest the Gard Wheelie gig bag. Takes my horn, mutes, music, bone stand, music stand, mouth pieces, and other accessories. Works like a golf bag but also has Back straps. There is a video on YouTube.
ttf_norbie2009

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_norbie2009 »

Altieri
ttf_JohnL

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Quote from: Burgerbob on Sep 13, 2017, 10:17AMThe small bore horn, right? Personally, I like the SKB 360 a lot. Tiny, protective, light, unassuming.
You forgot inexpensive.
ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist »

Out of the ones mentioned the SKB is my vote. I had a GARD wheelie case and that thing is massive. Not that the storage isn't a plus, but it's just unwieldy. If you're a little handy you can modify an existing case to make sure it fits. I've mad a few of those super slim Olds cases fit some of my other 7.5" belled horns. If you want to look super stylish then the remakes of the Cronkhite cases are some of the best looking cases out there. Same for many fiberglass and carbon fiber cases.

But the austere SKB is hard to beat.
ttf_SilverBone

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

For small bore, I like the Eastman:

http://www.dillonmusic.com/p-3873-eastman-tenor-trombone-case-pebble-finish.aspx

I own about 4 of these.

Wait for a sale and you get a good price (about $160).

ttf_conn88plyr

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_conn88plyr »

Quote from: tbonezach on Sep 13, 2017, 10:09AMWhat case should I get? I was looking at protec but I am just not sure which to go with.

If you were looking at Protec they have nice options for both hardshell cases and gig bags.  Their classic Propac contoured woodshell cases are the most popular aftermarket case I see in use and their iPac cases are a bit smaller and lighter, utilizing Bonna-type open interiors with movable cushions to customize the fit for your horn.  If you were looking for a more compact gig bag their Platinum gig bag is a great value at $150.00 with 20mil padding, interior slide storage, built in backpack straps and lots of other storage.

ttf_tbonezach

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_tbonezach »

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I went with the Protec Platinum Gig Bag!
ttf_tbonezach

What case should I get?

Post by ttf_tbonezach »

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I went with the Protec Platinum Gig Bag!

Return to “Accessories”