What to do with old parts

ttf_slide advantage

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

In the course of wheeling and dealing over the past few years I have accumulated a lot of what I'd consider to be junk brass. But I can't see throwing it out.

I doubt I am alone in this experience. If I knew how to repair instruments I could probably re-purpose some of the stuff.

My wife would love to see me toss it.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Every repair shop has a "bone yard" of dead partial instruments.  Maybe you can make a deal with Eric Edwards to trade your stuff for a couple of repairs.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

My wife would as well.  Need to come up with a list of things each of us have and trade it around. Might singlehandedly keep the post office in business  Image
ttf_bonearzt

Post by ttf_bonearzt »

Quote from: BGuttman on Sep 28, 2017, 07:16PMEvery repair shop has a "bone yard" of dead partial instruments.  Maybe you can make a deal with Eric Edwards to trade your stuff for a couple of repairs.

I was just thinking this!!

We can talk tonight Greg

Eric

ttf_john sandhagen

Post by ttf_john sandhagen »

When I get spare parts that belong to a customer ( maybe an F wrap) I'll offer them back.  Some folk really want them others don't care.  Others want me to keep them, but it' still theirs...but I can use the parts if I need to.

When I was younger I was greedy for parts, now I look for opportunities to make the clutter go away.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: john sandhagen on Sep 29, 2017, 06:39AM...
When I was younger I was greedy for parts, now I look for opportunities to make the clutter go away.

Yeah, but that "clutter" can be handy when you need a 3rd valve crook for a customer's cherished Conn 4A cornet... Image
ttf_Euphanasia

Post by ttf_Euphanasia »

DO NOT put them on Ebay. This is very important. If you do, I will buy them, and my wife will be very angry.
ttf_Euphanasia

Post by ttf_Euphanasia »

DO NOT put them on Ebay. This is very important. If you do, I will buy them, and my wife will be very angry.

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”