Facet cup mutes

ttf_bonenick

Facet cup mutes

Post by ttf_bonenick »

Does anybody have any of these? If so, what's your opinion?

Disclaimer: not going to use these in any big bands, brass bands or symphonic orchestras. Solely for solo and small ensembles work.

Looking to choose between
1. the Mahogany w/ Birch Bottoms
And
2. - Chicago Jazz Philharmonic Walnut & Padauk

Leaning towards the #1 because of the possibility to light up a bit more if needed.

Intend to use this on a small bore trombone.
ttf_BillO

Facet cup mutes

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: bonenick on Oct 05, 2017, 08:05AMDoes anybody have any of these? If so, what's your opinion?

Disclaimer: not going to use these in any big bands, brass bands or symphonic orchestras. Solely for solo and small ensembles work.

Looking to choose between
1. the Mahogany w/ Birch Bottoms
And
2. - Chicago Jazz Philharmonic Walnut & Padauk

Leaning towards the #1 because of the possibility to light up a bit more if needed.

Intend to use this on a small bore trombone.
I've played them.  Personally the sound is just a little weird to me.  Plus they cost an arm and a leg.
ttf_bonenick

Facet cup mutes

Post by ttf_bonenick »

I do like the sound, though it is out of the ordinary... They are costly...you can buy a Trombone for the same price.
ttf_mr.deacon

Facet cup mutes

Post by ttf_mr.deacon »

Warning if they fall out of your horn they will crack and aren't exactly easily fixed. I had a friend who cracked his cup mute within half an hour of breaking out of the box. Was not a pleasant experience.
ttf_mr.deacon

Facet cup mutes

Post by ttf_mr.deacon »

Warning if they fall out of your horn they will crack and aren't exactly easily fixed. I had a friend who cracked his cup mute within half an hour of breaking out of the box. Was not a pleasant experience.

Return to “Accessories”