Classified Rules (Replacement)

ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Looks like one of the purges managed to delete the Classified Rules, so here's my best recollection of them (as modified by our experience):

This section was set up as a temporary fix to the old Classified section being overrun with spam and malware.  It was originally intended to be active for about a month, but we are still waiting for the old Classifieds to be fixed.

1.  Ads may be placed by Forum members to sell musical instruments and related gear.  Ads for sunglasses, sofas, handbags, or other such will be deleted immediately.

2.  Ads will be allowed to run for 2 months after which time they will be deleted.  Feel free to repost something that didn't sell in 2 months.

3.  Ads should not get replies.  If there is a valid question about the item or in the case of a Want to Buy what the poster is looking for, they will be allowed.

4.  Any negotiations (price, etc.) should be done by Private Message (PM) or E-mail.  No offer posts allowed.

5.  No bump posts are allowed.  You can change the status of a multiple listing or change the asking price.  Any posts that are simply an attempt to float the ad to the top of the pile will be deleted.

6.  If the item is sold, a reply indicating that is desirable.

7.  All listings should have subjects headed with "FS" (For Sale), "WTB" (Want to Buy), or "WTT" (Want to trade) so that people reading the ad know what the ad looks for.

8.  The Trombone Forum makes no certification that items posted for sale are legal or even real.  Caveat emptor.

Moderators will patrol the Classifieds on irregular intervals to purge old listings or remove bump posts.  We can't be here all the time so we call on you to cooperate.

Thanks.
The Management
ttf_DrTbone43

Post by ttf_DrTbone43 »

Just put my horn Olds Valve bone on the forum for sale.  Not on yet.  Did you get it?  Perhaps it's being reviewed first.  Having one heck of a time putting my photos on.  Any advice?  Thank you,
Ron

Return to “Classified Advertisements”