WTB: Bach 42C or 36C parts (or 42BO/36CO)

ttf_Larry Preston Roberson

Post by ttf_Larry Preston Roberson »

A couple of months ago I missed out on buying parts for a Bach Strad. 36C: detachable f-attachment & straight gooseneck. Another forum member beat me to the punch (congrats). If you are that fortunate individual, and have since changed your mind about the purchase, I would be happy to take them off your hands. Otherwise, I'm looking for the following STOCK  components (or exact copies) in preferential order:

1) Bach 42C f-attachment section (with tuning and hand slide receivers intact)
2) Bach 36C f-attachment section (with tuning and hand slide receivers intact)
3) Bach 42CO f-attachment section (with tuning and hand slide receivers intact)
4) Bach 36CO f-attachment section (with tuning and hand slide receivers intact)

I could also find use for the following related STOCK parts (or exact copies):
42B/42BO slide receiver (or other variation for f-attachment to receive hand slide) and bell lock nut
Small Outside Tuning Slide Tube, to receive small tube/leg of tuning slide (fits ALL variations of the 36 or 42: straight, trigger, etc.)
Large Outside Tuning Slide Tube, to receive large tube/leg of tuning slide (fits ALL variations of the 36 or 42: straight, trigger, etc.)
Various hardware for 42/36 convertibles including: sockets(receivers), braces, connecting rings, hand screws, etc.

If you have any of these, or information, please email (preferable) or PM me. Thanks!

Roberson.LarryPreston
@
gmail
.com
ttf_pedrombon

Post by ttf_pedrombon »

Email sent
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

My apologies for posting in the classifieds, it may be prudent to move this comment to the repairs section, but I think this warrants saying outside of a PM:

You may wish to consider OE Thayer parts for your connectors in lieu of the Bach parts.They're actually rather inexpensive and even if you have some Bach convertible parts, it shouldn't be that much ontop of your project to have them replaced with OE Thayer nuts/threaded bell braces.

The CO and C parts put the braces in different spots anyway, so there'd be some monkeying around by your tech anyway in this regard. If you took this approach, you're less likely to need to buy an expensive part from Bach that may take forever to get to your doorstep or wait for a fairly rare item (at least from my observations).

It sounds like you already have some combination of Bach 42 or 36 parts, in which case you may even be able to reuse your existing valve (if you have one) and make it modular.

If you only have a straight neckpipe, you may instead be able to source a valve or even have a custom valve section fabricated. The cost of all new parts would exceed what you'd probably be able to fetch for just a valve if one comes up for sale but that is an important qualifier. This would also allow you to get any valve you wish. A complete OE Thayer valve new is $600 + labor. So less than $1k depending on your tech.  A CR valve or Rotax would be in a similar ball park. Other valves come up used from time to time too and - in my opinion - would be cheaper, easier, and/or faster than waiting for a "C" section to become available and fitting it to your horn with stock Bach parts.

At least thats my 2c.  In any case, I hope you can can get what you want and sorry again for hijacking a classified ad.
ttf_Le.Tromboniste

Post by ttf_Le.Tromboniste »

I sent you an e-mail!
ttf_NBee

Post by ttf_NBee »

Quote from: Matt K on Apr 14, 2017, 08:55AM
The CO and C parts put the braces in different spots anyway, so there'd be some monkeying around by your tech anyway in this regard. If you took this approach, you're less likely to need to buy an expensive part from Bach that may take forever to get to your doorstep or wait for a fairly rare item (at least from my observations).

Just a quick response from me. I have a 2006 42BO and a 42CO (not the C closed wrap) straight gooseneck. The braces seem line up pretty well with the stock brace plate placement.

ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: NBee on Apr 14, 2017, 07:56PMJust a quick response from me. I have a 2006 42BO and a 42CO (not the C closed wrap) straight gooseneck. The braces seem line up pretty well with the stock brace plate placement.

That's correct. The brace is in a different location between the convertible closed wrap and open wrap versions... because Bach...(?) such that one cannot buy a 42C valve and fit it to a bell meant to accept a 42CO valve, for example. 

Return to “Classified Advertisements”