FS: Rath R4

ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Greetings and salutations, fellow nerds.

I have a  very special horn I'd like to sell.  It's a Rath R4 with a Hagmann valve.  Now you're wondering why it's for sale, maybe.  Well, this horn was my favorite horn until very recently, when I got a Thein Universal Tenor II.  Now that's my favorite.  Honestly, I sort of like the Rath more, but sometimes the Thein blends a bit better with my particular recording mates.  This is because I have a very bright, reasonably aggressive sound.  The Thein is almost like a bass trombone, so it balances me out well.

The Rath is yellow brass with a red tuning slide.  I've custom installed a Saturn water key on the nickel crook.  The horn had a strange lacquer problem near the spout of the bell that Eric Edwards did an expert job repairing.  It's truly the second-best horn for me next to my new Thein.

You may have noticed a lot of horns posted by me recently.  I just have a million great horns and it's time to release some.  But this one really is special to me. Pictures:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqQG84cFzvfMomN4mjhf_R34XIV6

If you are seriously interested (and not simply inquisitive), send me an email and make me an offer, which has changed recently.  My new email is the first letters of this little poem:

New horns are so pretty,
Even if you pay an arm and a leg.
Oh, I know this feeling well, believe me.
But don't fret, pet,
Rejoice in knowing that
I have many used horns.  Cry no longer!
@outlook.com

Remember, my preferences:

* I strongly prefer to ship CONUS, but will consider shipping overseas
* I consider trades of professional-level instruments but prefer PayPal
* Buyer pays PayPal fees, if any

Thanks!

ttf_ctingle

Post by ttf_ctingle »