MuseScore Question

BGuttman

MuseScore Question

Post by BGuttman »

This feels really dumb.

I'm trying to transcribe a written part into MuseScore and I need to write a quarter note triplet.

If I highlight the three notes and hit Ctrl-3 (supposedly the code for triplets) I get 3 sets of triplets consisting of an eighth note and two eighth rests for each of the notes. If I hit Ctrl-3 before entering the notes it defaults to eighth triplets. MuseScore Help is no use at all. And I can't find my Encore disks to reinstall on this computer (haven't used Encore in at least 8 years).

Can anybody give me a clue other than using a different program?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Doug Elliott

Re: MuseScore Question

Post by Doug Elliott »

Assuming it's like Sibelius, you do Ctrl-3 on the first quarter and it becomes a triplet with 2 rests. Then add the other two notes.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Enelson

Post by Enelson »

In MuseScore, you begin with the duration of the triplet figure. Choose a half note duration and then the triplet command for a quarter note triplet.
afugate

Post by afugate »

Enelson wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:05 pm In MuseScore, you begin with the duration of the triplet figure. Choose a half note duration and then the triplet command for a quarter note triplet.
This. :good:

So, while in notation mode, press 6 to set the duration to half note. And then press the key combination for triplet. On my mac, thats CMD-3. That will then create the triplet pattern. And the 3 notes (or rests) you enter next will fill out the triplet pattern.

--Andy in OKC
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Thanks guys. I knew it had to be something simple that I just didn't know.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Baker

Post by Baker »

BGuttman wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 am Thanks guys. I knew it had to be something simple that I just didn't know.
https://musescore.org/en/node/11186

Return to “Technology”